1968 Chevelle With '87 GN engine

Seems you're taking an unpaved road into uncharted territory just in order to match red wires...Seems to me (personal preference, of course) a blue theme would be more cool...I'm sure you could sell those red wires to someone...

Attachments

• GN Engine-35%.jpg
    GN Engine-35%.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 687
that looks cool

i guess i could put some wire loom on the plug wires and turn them blue:biggrin:

id like to get rid of most of the black on the engine but i also don't want to go overboard with what ever i do.

id like to get rid of most of the black on the engine but i also don't want to go overboard with what ever i do.

so why not keep it simple an stay with black and alum :confused: Maybe make the plug wires fit the eng to ?? opinions opinions :p

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 651
so why not keep it simple an stay with black and alum :confused: Maybe make the plug wires fit the eng to ?? opinions opinions :p

Well as long as were handing out opinions, I am also a big fan of a real clean "it almost coulda been" stock look in the hybrid cars - If done well, it can turn more heads than an all out "bling" set up.

-Rich

3.JPG

Well as long as were handing out opinions, I am also a big fan of a real clean "it almost coulda been" stock look in the hybrid cars - If done well, it can turn more heads than an all out "bling" set up.

-Rich

3.JPG

hahahaha.. I have had people look at my Olds wagon an said "I didn't know they had Turbo V6s in them . After explaining it is a hybrid a 1000 times I just tell em it was a GM "test car" :biggrin:

So the stock look goin to work ???

Hey whatever you end up with it will be good times. I'm personally for a no-chrome, black and brushed aluminum look.

got around to working on the car again

The engine is completely loose with just the two lower bolts on the bell-housing holding everything together.

now i have to figure out how i am going to hold the trans in place, move the car and pull the motor out at the same time.:confused::confused: small garage no space to leave the hoist or car stationary so i have to lift the engine roll the car out then move the hoist to the side then push the car back into the garage. :redface:

the bad
i found a hair line crack on the top side of the header in between rolls between the #2 and #4 cyl.:mad:

anyways the surprises on the replacement engine just started to show up i found a broken bolt in the top exhaust port of the #5 cylinder.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Put something under the trans pan to hold it up and pull the motor. Get something like a pipe or 2X4 and put it across from rail to rail in front of the trans. Put something like pushrods, or 3/8" extensions in the dowl holes of the transmission and and let them support the trans on the rail to rail pipe or 2X4, and roll the car out.

Put something under the trans pan to hold it up and pull the motor. Get something like a pipe or 2X4 and put it across from rail to rail in front of the trans. Put something like pushrods, or 3/8" extensions in the dowl holes of the transmission and and let them support the trans on the rail to rail pipe or 2X4, and roll the car out.
not a bad idea i'll take a good look at it today and see what i can come up with.
Nice Wheels...:cool:
Which ones?

i went with the 2X4 it was super easy.

The engine is out
i pulled the pan and and found that the #6 rod bearing took a spin.
Everything else looks good.
i did notice that as i spun the engine you could hear a ton of compression escaping through the rings.
i am going to pull the valve springs off of it and store it as it is.
i'll post some pictures tomorrow.

i will be sending the down pipe and headers to get welded and ceramic coated.

the wooden cross member :cool:
IMG_1461-internet.jpg

the stripped flywheel bolts :redface:
IMG_1472-internet.jpg

the great job i did on the rear main seal- 2 years and it didn't leak:biggrin:
IMG_1463-internet.jpg

the carnage- #6 rod bearing.:mad:
IMG_1468-internet.jpg

Keep posting pics I love seeing your progress. Im looking hide the map sensor and a lot of the wiring too. Im not sure whether it will happen before summer though. Once summer hits Ill probably be driving mine most of the time.

the Long block is in the builders hands $$$:redface:.

So while that gets done i decided to clean up the engine compartment.

I want to cut 24 inches off of the Computer side of the harness and tuck all the wiring under the fender and out of sight.
What is the function of them 3 relays/sensors, Can they be eliminated??
This is the rats nest that i have right now.
IMG_1533-Internet.jpg

this is the driver side- i also want to tuck these under the fender- these will have to be made much longer.
IMG_1535-Internet.jpg

This is the mess that i have in the garage.
IMG_1536-Internet.jpg

Throttle body and dog-house are all packaged up and ready to go out to www.throttlebodys.com/Buick_GN.htm

the headers are also packaged nice and ready to go out to Jim in PA. for a
weld-up job and Ceramic coating.:biggrin:

Also my beautiful DP needs to be redone as it was hit HARD by the control arm i just never noticed till i pulled it out.:mad: