1968 Chevelle With '87 GN engine

YEAHHHHHH
the Rear end parts are in a little late but in.
3.42 gears
and the Posi rebuild kit Springs and discs
hopefully i'll drop it off at the builders house and get it back 2 days later.
i wanted to do the C-clip eliminators but the wallet said NO.

Attachments

• Rear end rebuild parts internet.JPG
    Rear end rebuild parts internet.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 667
  • Rear end rebuild parts gears internet.JPG
    Rear end rebuild parts gears internet.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 659
I cant wait to put one together for my car, Ive got a mini spool in it that makes going around corners no fun.

i have a Lock-Right locker in it now and it clicks and clunks around the turns i actually like it.

the one decision i still have to make is weather to use the 800LB OR 400LB
pre-load springs in the Posi unit

The 400 will be more corner freindly but the 800 will hold better and cut the wear on the clutches some David. If you want a "cheap" c clip eliminator kit switch the rears to disc brakes. The rotors will keep the axle in if it breaks. I think the discs like I have would work for you.

The 400 will be more corner freindly but the 800 will hold better and cut the wear on the clutches some David. If you want a "cheap" c clip eliminator kit switch the rears to disc brakes. The rotors will keep the axle in if it breaks. I think the discs like I have would work for you.

if the rear, engine and trans :frown: survive the track rental i will start the part gathering for the LS1 front brake conversion and A Rear drum to disc conversion

I also want to install a line-lock
and do some serious suspension upgrades.

If you want I can take measurements of the mounting holes and that will let you see if the Camaro brakes will fit the axle David.

back to this one

I was able to make some space in the Shed, i should be able to call it a garage by next week:redface:
I was even able to fire up one of the wood burners :D
Thinking of pulling the whole nose to do some detailing while the engine is out.

Id like to remove about two feet from the wire harness and do some other clean up.

i would also like to add a cold air kit.

Got any pics of the car's status? Im finishing an ebay front mount tomorrow and finally getting it back on the road next weekend. Ive got a ton done on the car since my last posts so Ill get pics up in a few.

Got any pics of the car's status? Im finishing an ebay front mount tomorrow and finally getting it back on the road next weekend. Ive got a ton done on the car since my last posts so Ill get pics up in a few.

the car is still together in its parking spot just not running.

Id love to see the front mount pictures, I've been thinking about one for a long time but been worried about the cooling system over the summer with the AC turned on (No AC yet but will get it soon).

Also thinking of going to a 2 headlight system instead of the four light system and using one of the available spots for a cold air and the other to cool the turbo.(under hood temps 100* - 120* even in mild days)

The other things id like to do is take some weight off of it like a fiberglass 2 inch cowl hood Or just go with a OE steel SS hood (i can get it for a great price), Plastic fender wells also for weight reduction even dough my steel OEs are in great shape, Custom Alky tank as i am using a G-Body one with ugly home made brackets, also considering a color change:eek: charcoal gray, silver, two tone, hot orange, Metallic blue.

Man i have a list of detail stuff that the engine compartment needs that go around the block twice.

i got the second wood burner fired up and it got super worm in the "Shed" it must have gotten to at least 70 plus degrees man it was great. Still can't fit a car in there but getting real close :D,
Hoping to have the car in by early next week.

YEAHHHH

the car is finally in A garage.
A special thanks to my Cuz for making it happen.

Time to start taking it apart :frown:

So I dont have to reread, whats the goal of having the car in the garage?

i blew the motor in the car up(HARD lower end knock).
i just purchased a motor from a member here so i have to swap them.

The down side is that i wanted to "clean" up the engine compartment but since its in my cousins garage i won't have the time. I will only be swapping engines and doing a very quick touch up:redface:

Maybe when i swap this new engine out for the built one (i am building another engine) late this summer i will have the time and space to do everything i want to do.

To Do list:
1-shorten the wire harness
2-Redo Alky tank
3-install after market AC system
4-chrome, paint, powder coat miscellaneous stuff
5- a bunch of other stuff

I just bought a Long Block from a member here its suppose to be in good working order.
what are the normal things you guys look at before dropping it in??
this is my list
1-New rear main seal
2-New Timing cover gasket
3-Oil pan gasket
4-Red Lock-tight on the screws that hold the oil pick-up tube
5- One year old Comp 980s Valve springs
6-Valve stem seals
7-Roller Timing set
8-Intake Manifold gasket
9-Modified Stock replacement Engine mounts
Should i install
10-Timing Roller spring???

Is there anything that i am missing?

thanks for your help guys.

Pull the crank and check the bearings as well as do the Earl Brown mods to the timing cover. Get a rollerized cam tentioner as well.

this is the replacement engine

Attachments

• IMG_1457-internet - replacement.JPG
    IMG_1457-internet - replacement.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1458-internet-replacement.JPG
    IMG_1458-internet-replacement.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 322
Since i have this apart i was thinking of doing some painting and coating.
id like to some silver/light gray OR red (since my plug wires are red) to the engine compartment/engine but i don't want it to look stupid.
what do you guys suggest?

Red wires would look great with this color !!

Attachments

• Pinky.JPG
    Pinky.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 320