15x11 295/65 tire pics

Yup...I hope the 295s are an old set.... cause 325s are in! Well see how those rules work out.

Yup...I hope the 295s are an old set.... cause 325s are in! Well see how those rules work out.

I'll pick up a set of 325's soon and see how they fit. Not happy about the new tire rule at all but when the guy who builds the rules has a Mustang and can't fit the 295 this is what you end up with...politics at it's finest. Just got the wheels machined and backspacing perfect and then the rules change. I'm pretty happy they are reighning the power in but the tire rule is crazy. I have seen 325's go 1.24-1.28 so it won't slow the class down but somebody thinks the 295 is an advantage and if they can't run it, no one can.

The 295's on the car now....1 pass:mad:

Hey Im a Buick guy...Remember..I know all about rule politics. I think the NEW EZ rules are in the right direction. I still think that the BB rules needed to be tightened some more. Im sure that the class will still be a 5 teen 5 oh class by years end. It will be interesting. The change certainly renews my interest in the class. Im just a turbo away.Hopefully 5.20's-30's can play some.

I'm glad they cut the power back. I still think it's going to be a 5.00 class with the occasional 4.9 because we know how to work on the radials. In the summer heat it may be a 5.10-5.20 class because you can't get after it with the radials on the hot track.

what's up Dusty. Long time no talk. I love the 11 inch beadlocks. they are trick. they make my 10 inch ones look like they suck the tire in a bunch. It totally sucks about the EZ tire rule. I was looking to come and race a couple of times next year, but there is no way I can get the 325 under my car. It would look like a 70's hooptie with the tires sticking out the fender an inch. I would have to put air shocks on the dang car.:biggrin: If you get a chance, give me a buzz on my cell, I got a few things I want to talk about. 812 878 2026. Thanks,

Jason

what's up Dusty. Long time no talk. I love the 11 inch beadlocks. they are trick. they make my 10 inch ones look like they suck the tire in a bunch. It totally sucks about the EZ tire rule. I was looking to come and race a couple of times next year, but there is no way I can get the 325 under my car. It would look like a 70's hooptie with the tires sticking out the fender an inch. I would have to put air shocks on the dang car.:biggrin: If you get a chance, give me a buzz on my cell, I got a few things I want to talk about. 812 878 2026. Thanks,

Jason

I meant to call about 2 months ago;)

I have a buddy loaning me some 325's to see how it fits. I know Hartline and Fiscus were using it and it didn't look bad. The 295 fits much better and I hate the new rule. You worked so hard for that killer stance with the 295 and I'd hate to change it to.

Dusty,

You would think that since this is a stock suspension class and there are restrictions on the frame modification that they would make sure the spec tire would fit on a G-Body. You could always run on the 275/60s like they do out here in Wild Street. 3-4 guys have been in the 7s.

John,
You made a perfect point , the tire is not the problem. Look at how fast guys been on that little 275/60. If ORSCA genuinely wanted to slow the cars down the should have left the tire alone and taken a kit away from the NOS cars and dropped the Turbo size some more and shifted the weights around. Bowman made this point on YB. 1650 Hp on a 94 MM turbo but a BB with 2 kits and a sheet metal intake could make much more than that.

Like I said I like the rule changes , but theres still lots of work to be done. By years end the cars a going to be almost as fast as they are now. Then they will again have to pull the ropes back.

Hey Louie,

I was talking to Dusty yesterday and he was telling me about your intercooler installation. Do you by chance have any pics or are they up somewhere? Just curious to see how you did it. Thanks a bunch.

Jason

Jason
Here you go.:smile:

Attachments

• IC2.JPG
    IC2.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 470
  • IC 1.JPG
    IC 1.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 473
  • IC3.JPG
    IC3.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 474
Dusty,

You would think that since this is a stock suspension class and there are restrictions on the frame modification that they would make sure the spec tire would fit on a G-Body. You could always run on the 275/60s like they do out here in Wild Street. 3-4 guys have been in the 7s.

They could care less about the G-bodies. They admit to working with the sponsor to get the rules to what the $$$ pays. Who's the EZ Street sponsor....TCI....who works for TCI......Tony Aiken who is John Kolivas' crew cheif and also who just built a drag radial mustang. The 295 will not fit most of those cars. This is where the tire rule and wings come from. They perfectly fit a NMRA radial car with a turbo swap:wink:

They could care less about the G-bodies. They admit to working with the sponsor to get the rules to what the $$$ pays. Who's the EZ Street sponsor....TCI....who works for TCI......Tony Aiken who is John Kolivas' crew cheif and also who just built a drag radial mustang. The 295 will not fit most of those cars. This is where the tire rule and wings come from. They perfectly fit a NMRA radial car with a turbo swap:wink:

Wow, I never knew it was that biased.
I am disappointed to hear that, good luck on getting the tires to look OK.

Welcome to the world of heads up sponsorship. NMCA Vortech Extreme street is the perfect example. They don't want to compete against turbo's so they won't let them in the class. With the money Vortech pumps into that org for the sponsorship they get a say in the rules.

ORSCA is no different. TCI pumps X amount of $$$ in to sponsor a class and they get to be involved in the rule making process. ORSCA told my buddy who asked about a class sponsorship last year that if he put up the $$$ he could write the rules he wanted:confused: Don't make it right but we have to live with it.

Hi Dusty

pretty nice set up !

a question for you

i'm riding a set of 325 50 r15 with rolled lip and a notched frame.
if i'm going with a 295 65 r15 do you think it should fit ?

please let me know

thanks

steph