15x11 295/65 tire pics

Dusty Bradford

15x11 with 6 3/8 backspacing. Frame notched and mini tubbed with 14" 130# Qa1 coil over springs in the stock location. Tire is the 295/65 M/T radial

Attachments

• wheelpicIMG0001.jpg
    wheelpicIMG0001.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,655
  • wheelpicIMG0002.jpg
    wheelpicIMG0002.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,662
  • wheelpicIMG0003.jpg
    wheelpicIMG0003.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,645
  • wheelpicIMG0004.jpg
    wheelpicIMG0004.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,660
Looks good Dusty,do you have any trunk pics of the inner wheelwell? Im going to do the same soon.Just wanted to take a look at the inner wheel well if you have any.Thanks..Jim

DB,
Car looks awesome. Is there any more space inboard. Is the mini tub work done ? lets see it !...Also check your PM's.

Mini tub was done last year. I have the wheel measured perfectly for the radial and there is barely any room between the tire and frame. Just enough to keep it from rubbing while turning or racing.

Attachments

• minitubIMG0001.jpg
    minitubIMG0001.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,604
  • minitubIMG0002.jpg
    minitubIMG0002.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,613
  • minitubIMG0003.jpg
    minitubIMG0003.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,607
  • minitubIMG0004.jpg
    minitubIMG0004.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,612
You can see where I split the factory tub and moved it in about an inch or little more. I then added a strip of sheetmetal and welded it in to fill the gap. I also trimmed an inch off of the factory floor pan to allow for moving the tub inward.

Sweet...

Dusty, thanx 4 sharing ! The car looks killer with that tire inside the rear panel :eek:

Nice,thanks for the pics,looks factory.If all goes well we'll be doing mine in the next few months.Thats what I want mine to look like.Nice and clean...

Thanks for the pics Dusty. I see what you mean now in regards to the 295 on the 11" rim. Mine's gonna sit pretty low with the ladder bars & coil overs, so I think if I cut 1" each end of the housing the 12" wheels whould work with a 325. What's your thoughts on this? THX.

Thanks for the pics Dusty. I see what you mean now in regards to the 295 on the 11" rim. Mine's gonna sit pretty low with the ladder bars & coil overs, so I think if I cut 1" each end of the housing the 12" wheels whould work with a 325. What's your thoughts on this? THX.

Depends on your backspacing. The problem is you can only cut the frame so much so the limit is the distance between the frame and fender to achieve the low ride height. I believe you can get away with the 325 as it's a shorter/wider tire and the 12" wheel will not really effect the sidewall. I doubt it will sit completely inside the fender but you can get the car low.

The rear would not have to be cut. 1 thing to consider is if you plan to run bead locks. You can't get a 12 inch wheel with more than 5-6 inches of backspace and run beadlocks. It makes the tire to difficult to mount and inflate the tire. This is where it's handy to narrow the rear to avoid a lot of backspace.

I see what you mean Dusty. I think using the taller 295 might help get the tire inside the wheelwell more as I can go up due to the mini-tubs, but going wider won't be easy since the stock framerail will be used. I want to use the new Billet Specialties Streetlite wheels, but they only offer a 10" or 12" rim. No beadlocks here as I won't be in your's & Shane's speedzone :biggrin: I hope to get the new MMA business & website up by Jan. 1; don't you want a "SUBBMIT" sticker on your backwindow ;) I'll be sponsoring Sully's "V6BEAST", so let me know if I can help you with anything. Thanks again & I'm sure I'll be picking your brain when I start on the front suspension.

Hey Rick :)

I see what you mean Dusty. I think using the taller 295 might help get the tire inside the wheelwell more as I can go up due to the mini-tubs, but going wider won't be easy since the stock framerail will be used. I want to use the new Billet Specialties Streetlite wheels, but they only offer a 10" or 12" rim. No beadlocks here as I won't be in your's & Shane's speedzone :biggrin: I hope to get the new MMA business & website up by Jan. 1; don't you want a "SUBBMIT" sticker on your backwindow ;) I'll be sponsoring Sully's "V6BEAST", so let me know if I can help you with anything. Thanks again & I'm sure I'll be picking your brain when I start on the front suspension.

MMA Website and Business???

Darn I posted it twice :eek: :eek:

Yeah John it's called "SUBBMIT" & I'll have alot of shirts, hats, shorts, & apparel available soon. It's sort of like Tapout, but not as racy/raunchy. I hope to have fighters wearing my stuff & help sponsor them in an effort to bring MMA into the mainstream. My ultimate goal is to open up training facilities so as to keep kids on the straight & narrow and make sure they don't get fat & lazy. Discipline goes a long way you know. Spreading the word thru the drag racing world should help get some attention & sell some product too. Keep your fingers crossed & take care John.

Yeah I'm still here Jim. My car collection has dwindled down some, but my state of mind is worlds better now. Tell Zack I said hello & good luck with the car. Take care buddy.