Zddp?

USMC_Turbo6

Do I need to run Zddp in my car know matter what type of cam I have in my car or if I only have a flat tapped cam.

Ok I have a roller so would a good Synthtic work fine?

There are other places that require extreme pressure lube which you get from ZPPD, and synthetics have other "properties" in their blend which makes them less desirable for performance engines like ours.

Roller lifters may not wipe a cam, but with the increased valve spring pressures needed, there are still higher loads on the cam and small needle roller bearings.

You will find much more cylinder wear in a turbo engine when using synthetics, as they contain lots of detergents to keep the engine clean like the ad guys promote. :)

Granted, more of the high wear and broken engine parts we see are from race guys, but pushing it on the street can have the same effects.

Want a cleaner engine and better protection, spend the money on changing the regular oil twice as often as with synthetic. Fuel and combustion gasses contaminate the oil quickly in a boosted application, as well as killing the additive package.

Ok so a good 10w-50 or a 15w-40 or 50 oil and a bottle of Zddp. Welll work for me I'm olny going to be doing mostly street driving and every know and then trip to the track or killing a few car that pull up next to me at a red light.