Z06..Humbling..

BOP4ever

Guy in town has a I think 2005 Z06 has the 405hp badges... Anyway It is not stock exhuast, Intake and rumor is the heads were ported and tuned by some shop that does lsx engines in Texas..... I don't know about the heads and cam but it does have exhuast mods...

I have to run up town for some Grocery Items for the family so I take the TA... First time I've had her out in a month or so ... Drove the GN the previous trip just decided to give the TA some road time.

On the way home I see his head lights it was about dusk dark... he follows me out to the 4 lane straight where we do some test and tuning around here..;) He passes and then slows down and gives me the look...: "the I'm so bad in my Vette look " We drop down to a 20-30 mph roll we were supposed to go on the third honk... he went on 2 :rolleyes: .

I am in second gear when he goes gets a solid length. I drop the hammer and the Dunlops go up in smoke, I feather the pedal and it hooks .... I power shift third... the gap has closed to under a lenght... I pull a car lenght up pull 4th and lift to signal race over... he stays in it and passes me back..... I am sure he feels like he won... but I was not interested in a top end hope a deer does run out at dusk etc... racing accident. 100 mph was fast enough for me.:cool:

I gotta get the GN faster... he would have owned my tail if ID met him the trip before when I was driving it...:mad:

He knew he was in for it! As much as i admire Vettes. I am dying to catch one in my GN. Trust me he feels really bad, and will prob avoid you next time.

He was in a TA. Not his GN. What's the story on the TA, what year and mod's???

For sure wouldnt keep up in a top end race.
Customer of mine bought 07 zo6 this spring, went on vacation and left me the keys for 2 weeks

When i hit 4th gear i was at 130, got it to about 150 before I realized that IM a broke dick and could never afford the tickets,jail,impound or replacement of 85k ride if i did survive any pile up.

it was fun but all in all I like my 61 better, people wave and ask Q's when i stop...in the z06 they just looked at me like..what an ass

And thats why i like this buick...can be incognito..a little

correction

a 2005 Z06 would not have 405 hp badges on it, 2005 Z06 & up have 505 hp. this vette you dealt with must of been a 97 thru 2004. did it have headlights showing or the flip up headlights ?

It was the older then flip up head lights. 405 badges.
I've ran 2 or 3 in the past at the track that were I think stock this one seemed quicker.

TA specs FWIW...
1977 TA Black and Gold. T-tops... Restored in 1999.
Pontiac 455 engine, 87 cc E-heads from Summit street ported 310cfm
HYd Cam 236/244 hooker headers 2" primary and 3" pypes exhuast x cross-over, Holley SD intake and Holley 950 HP carb. TKO600 5 speed with 10 bolt rear 3.73 gears... broke 3.42 gears in 2005 ..it was faster with the 3.42 gears... motor is all torque shift at 5200 to 5500 rpm. has ran in the low 7's in the 1/8 and mid to low 11's in the 1/4 with traction...

What you say is true.... my GN was safe in it's garage during the race...
Is that a problem ?
Someday I hope to post a kill for the GN ... It is just not ready to hunt ....yet. :smile: ;)
I love my Pontiac and my Buick... I always considered Buick, Olds and Pontiac kinda in the same family.

Nice race - I'm dying to meet one. The only one I've seen I started to follow and he seemed convinced I was a stalker or carjacker - he went out of his way to jump off the highway very abruptly.

Jim

Nice race - I'm dying to meet one. The only one I've seen I started to follow and he seemed convinced I was a stalker or carjacker - he went out of his way to jump off the highway very abruptly.

Jim

They are a nice car, I have an '02 Z06 ('02-04 were the 405hp). They are a solid mid-low 12s car at 115 in stock trim for the avg driver. Mine did 108mph in the qtr at 5900'DA. Not bad for a stock car, but hardly a 1320' warrior.

I DD my Z06 and only weekend / cruise with my T-Type. The Z06 is just.. different, more refined, very comfortable, handles sweet and is dead reliable in stock form. My T-Type on the other hand is a brute that has spent more time on jackstands then on the road but when its running it would leave my Z in a heartbeat (120mph in the qtr at 6200'DA).

Funny thing though, all the gear-heads flock to the T-Type... they straight ignore the 'vette lol.

Don't stereotype too hard, I had a mustang guy comment one day when I was driving the 'vette that I was "one of those guys", lol, wonder if he knows what my 'other' car is and that only my wrenches touch my cars...