Ya win some, ya lose some

kjhansen

FIRST and SECOND street runs here in Missouri after being here almost a year! Not much of a street scene here in little ol' Lebanon. Anyway, I'm at our once-a-month cruise night and a friend comes up and says this guys with an LT1 Camaro wants to run 'em. So we cruise out to the local "isolated road." He put the smack down on me pretty easy (about 2 car lengths). Turns out the car has a big shot (didn't give me hp) of nitrous, heads, a cam, headers, intake, 315-something-something BFG DRs, and all the little mods. Runs 11.7-11.8. I was running 22psi on pump gas, alcohol, and Xylene. My best run ever was 12.3. Ah well, at least it was a GM car.
So then a guy with a modified '03 Cobra wants to run. He'd followed us out without us knowing about it. Glad it wasn't a cop! Anyway, he wants to run from a roll since the car doesn't have DRs on it. OK. We roll up to about 20mph (some roll) and I'm power-braking like crazy. This time it was my turn. Pretty even for the short 1st-gear run, but I pulled him by about a car's length or less in second on our first run. A little more on our second run. Boy was he pissed! Apparently he was spinning the tires on the 1-2 shift. Anyway, he wanted me to come up to his hometown (about 30 miles up the road) the next night (Sunday) and run him for $500... said he'd put the DRs on and spank me good. I passed. Gotta get the torque convertor replaced (no lock-up) and fix a fueling problem anyway.
Next cruise night I'll be running race gas, have the lock-up in the torque convertor fixed, have the lean condition in 3rd fixed, and run 24psi of boost. Of course next cruise night might be April 2005.... We'll see what the weather is like in November...

Keith

I probably would have except that the trans was coming out (it's out now) for the new TC, and I've got that pesky fuel pressure problem (with resulting extreme lean conditions).
Keith

Keith,
When do you guys meet down there in Leb? I am just up the road in Rolla.

Second Saturday at Candy's Frozen Custard (southwest end of the Wal Mart complex). But cruise nights are over for the season, as far as I know. I was told October was the last one. When do you guys meet in Rolla?
Keith

How far away is Lebanon from St. louis? Not that I would wanna race you or anything, you would destroy me.:( Just curious.

Second or third saturday of the month. Over now for the year though. THey usually have a great show and burnout contest in June. Lots of cars show up. Never have seen a GN there.

From St Louis, Lebanon is about 3/4 way to Springfield. Right on I44
Maybe about 150 miles or so

Originally posted by jpratt
From St Louis, Lebanon is about 3/4 way to Springfield. Right on I44
Maybe about 150 miles or so

Are those 42.5's 009 injectors? If so, how do you like the RA chip with them?
Keith

Just had BIll Diekman rebuild it for me a few hundred miles ago. So I am taking it easy right now. But it sure does seem to have a lot more power. I have not had a chance to take to the track or play with it too much. I spent way too much on it so far so I will wait to punish it later in the spring.