xfi tuning help!!!

ok i set the closed loop idle rpm to be around 1500,it seems pretty good but this is still with the .4 injector pw.is there any setting to disable that battery correction fueling?or modify it?at idle i am still showing 1.6% battery correction:confused: when i start tuning this on the road do u guys recommend backing down the acceleration enrichment tables so they don't mess with u while your trying to get the ve table set?or do i just keep playing with it until my fingertips are down to be bones.sorry for all the dumb ?'s,those damn newbies!!!

thanks,these are pics from march,the car is all together now,i have to get some new pics.she's gettin there.

ok i set the closed loop idle rpm to be around 1500,it seems pretty good but this is still with the .4 injector pw.is there any setting to disable that battery correction fueling?or modify it?at idle i am still showing 1.6% battery correction:confused: when i start tuning this on the road do u guys recommend backing down the acceleration enrichment tables so they don't mess with u while your trying to get the ve table set?or do i just keep playing with it until my fingertips are down to be bones.sorry for all the dumb ?'s,those damn newbies!!!

No way around it that I know of. I know how we fixed it (dont ask). Funny thing is fast told me I needed a stand alone harness and that would fix the problem. Duh 13.8 volts is still 13.8 volts with or without a $600 harness. Improved software and or programing would fix the problem. I set the accel enrich tables up and leave them alone and go to work on the VE table. Good luck Nice Car BTW.

thats great, spend some more money and then well talk when that same problem persists.i will just go and play with it on the road,i will call vender tomarrow to ask his opinion,he's probably going to tell me to push two keys and the cars going to be fixed.i got all weekend f'in with this thing,all i want to do is see what this thing is going to do ,but keep that pin in the gernade!!!:eek:

The battery correction you are referring to Lonnie.... appears to be non-tweakable. the manual shows a screenshot I captured and posted it below.

This % is added to the Injector opening time only......

FWIW....the stage II Iroc I have been tinkering with occasionally was running about a .5 mS opening time to get the base VE table inline..... so you aren't the lone ranger with something not set to 1.0 ...... he is running 160# injectors :eek:

Attachments

• fig6-3.gif
    fig6-3.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 200
so basically this is adding injector open time when the voltage is not around 14v,is this because the injector doesn't open as fast at low voltage or as far?this is like trying to get a spaceship to run with a blank computer screen:biggrin: i like all the different things u can tweak but it is a little overwellming at first.i'm suprised no one has made a tuning manual to help newbies like they have for the old fast system.i will call vender but i want to tune this myself so i get very familiar with system.hey anyone know about the knock question i asked.how to monitor knock? esc rtd??thanks again

so basically this is adding injector open time when the voltage is not around 14v,is this because the injector doesn't open as fast at low voltage or as far?

Yes... exactly.... the correction percentage is added/taken away from the injector opening time only..... Your above mentioned 1.6% battery correction... if your injector opening time was .4 mS ..... and the batter correction was 1.6% ... this would make your "new" corrected injector opening time.... .4064 ...... so in your case.... this isn't much.... at least not near enough to worry about....

Sorry... I can't be of help with the knock sensor... the only one I have tuned on... didn't have a knock sensor hooked up to it...

yea that doesn't seem like it would cause such a big difference in afr,if it changed my original pw from .9 to say 1.3 i would thing something is up,but that would mean battery correction would be through the roof.

Sorry.. I don't.... our stage II Iroc is in it's tuning infancy... and it is a 1000+ hp combo anyway.... so even if it were close to being tuned.... it wouldn't be a very close match to what you are running.....

:eek: sounds good,someday i will be there,i thank you for all your help in this thread,i also want to add that i am not asking these questions because the vender will not help,my vender has been here since the beginning and i have nothing but great things to say about him,he is away this weekend and i really don't want to bother him.I am going to wait till tomorrow to go further with this tune,i don't want to waste my time setting up this program if there is still something causing this rich condition,and then have to go back and start from scratch.hopefully i will post cause of problem tomorrow(just hope its not me being a xfi newb.:confused:

Ahh.... don't worry... you will learn more by doing... with some guideance....

Your vendor will likely want to look at some datalogs.... then make some changes to some of the maps... he will home in on a decent tuneup before you will... but you can do it too...don't sell yourself short....you can do it with some time.

IMHO.. it will be harder for him to get the idle and part throttle driveability closer because he can't phisically sit in the car with the laptop and tune it. The sound and feel will dictate some changes you just can't grasp by looking at a datalog.

i understand,its just i have so much time into this thing i just don't want to play mr tuner and blow this thing up,if i was sure i was not getting any knock i would lean this program out,if or when this thing gernades i hope its when the boost is through the roof and i'm hangin on for dear life:eek:

The quick answer to that is cut the boost way back to a safe level to start your tuning.... once you have a decent tuneup.. on say 16 psi boost... cut it up a little...tune some more....

It will take awhile...

The battery correction you are referring to Lonnie.... appears to be non-tweakable. the manual shows a screenshot I captured and posted it below.

This % is added to the Injector opening time only......

FWIW....the stage II Iroc I have been tinkering with occasionally was running about a .5 mS opening time to get the base VE table inline..... so you aren't the lone ranger with something not set to 1.0 ...... he is running 160# injectors :eek:

Adding injector opening time at 13.8 volts is ignorant. Even more so is not having scale to correct it. I did not see he was running 160s.

idle and part throttle driveability closer because he can't phisically sit in the car with the laptop and tune it. The sound and feel will dictate some changes you just can't grasp by looking at a datalog.

Thats a fact