XFI timing question

OK. Found TDC, long mark was about 2.5 degrees off. Biggest problem was the timing light. Set reference angle at 12. 2 step was also not set correctly, got that straightened out and brought it up to 4200 = gets there god damn fast and 10 lb.s of boost. All looks good on the datalog. I'm happy. Car is ready to take out. But, I have a dead powerstroke in my F250 parked in front of the garage and behind the car, so I'll continue to look at it in the garage unless a tow truck shows up to move the dead Fprd.

sackracing said:
OK. Found TDC, long mark was about 2.5 degrees off. Biggest problem was the timing light. Set reference angle at 12. 2 step was also not set correctly, got that straightened out and brought it up to 4200 = gets there god damn fast and 10 lb.s of boost. All looks good on the datalog. I'm happy. Car is ready to take out. But, I have a dead powerstroke in my F250 parked in front of the garage and behind the car, so I'll continue to look at it in the garage unless a tow truck shows up to move the dead Fprd.

Was it advanced or retarded 2.5*? this type of thing has caused engine damage in a high hp engine more than once.