XFI timing question

sackracing

Staff member
Tried to check crank reference angle today. Locked it in a 30 degrees and brought it up to about 1800 rpm, it appears to be about 14 degrees off.

The XFI baseline on the crank angle was 10. And the car has a stock ignition.

I assume the long mark on the BHJ balancer is the one to use, the mark that goes all the way across.

Took the angle up to about 22 and the it was showing about 2-4 degrees off, but the car didn't seem to like it.

Is it unheard of to have to set the angle that high?

Kinda lost on what to do, any input is appreciated.

I wouldn't assume anything. You should verify tdc first

Take Bison's advice first. If the mark checks out, then set the light at zero and shoot the 30 degree mark. All too often, I have seen a dial back light read double when used on a wastespark system.

Turns out my alternator was no worky, won't have one till Tuesday. Going to have a go at it on Wednesday.

The fiancee spotted it last night, she's not a fan. But she won't let me post a pic of hers either.

Big Breasts save lives, I watched it on Manswers......Anyway You can check your timing a without a timing light. I watch when the crank signal voltage changes at the module input and look the degree's on the balancer, when the voltage moved. The tming should show 10 degrees on the mark if its right. However If you don;t have a true TDC reference this method won;t help you.

We're gonna try to get the tdc on Wednesday nite. I'll post an update. In the meantime we can continue the breasts discussion.

Lmao.
My wife was a willing participant, I told her I needed a pic for my avatar and she said sure, here you go...
Still the best 8k I have ever spent.

Bryan

801242db.jpg