XFI Startup Issue

bdeliman

I got a startup file from Jack Cotton with my XFI. The car would crank for about 15 seconds, start and then stall out after about 5 seconds. I increased the Cranking Fuel Table by 10% per cell to help the 15 seconds of cranking. I also increased the After Start Enrichment Table by 10% per cell to help the stall out. The car now fires more quickly, but stalls instantly. Should I continue to increase the After Start Enrichment Table by another 10%, or should I be looking at something else ?

Bill, give me a call on my cell, just sent you a pm... seems to be the way to do it here...

holy Batman, Red Sox Just Hit 4 Homeruns In A Row !!!! With Willie Moe Up NOW

The Fix

Once again, Jack Cotton is the man. He gave me his number on a Sunday night, we talked, and he even sent me a new file late that night. Not many other vendors will do that. The fix appears to be a few changes. My increase of the 10% more fuel at cranking and after start fuel were too small. You may need to make larger changes if you have this problem. After a few tweeks to Jack's file, the fix was to increase the cranking fuel, increase the after start fuel and lower the decay slightly. Also thanks to Ted, who suggested increasing the IAC, which also seemed to help.