wtt: hooker cat back

i have been thinking to trade my hooker cat back exhaust in very good condition, for a atr 3'' single shot!!!

i have been thinking to trade my hooker cat back exhaust in very good condition, for a atr 3'' single shot!!!
Why would you do that? Your increasing from 5.5 " in to 3" of back pressure. Plus that ATR system is louder unless you like noise & the drone & the dual exhaust looks better.

Bacause its 40 lbs lighter and will last FOREVER AND EVER UNTIL YOU DIE
BTW 9.74 through the pipe 25 PSI

The hooker dual has a lot more back pressure than a single shot with a nice straight through muffler, this was tested on a friends car at the crossover with both systems and the backpressure with the dual was about 10psi over, hope that helps.

The hooker dual has a lot more back pressure than a single shot with a nice straight through muffler, this was tested on a friends car at the crossover with both systems and the backpressure with the dual was about 10psi over, hope that helps.

thxs, for the info so by this the atr single shot 3'' has lest backpress than the hooker catback.
Does the ATR really has alot of drone?

I have a 3in system (single) and I CAN tell you, YES, they drone, and YES there LOUD!
its sitting in the back waiting ....... for what? I dunno.
mine has a 18in pitbull muffler,
I have a hooker system on my WE4 with dyno max turbos, quiet, no drone, no rattles, no looks from the cops!

I have a 3in system (single) and I CAN tell you, YES, they drone, and YES there LOUD!
its sitting in the back waiting ....... for what? I dunno.
mine has a 18in pitbull muffler,
I have a hooker system on my WE4 with dyno max turbos, quiet, no drone, no rattles, no looks from the cops!
Cruz this is what confuses me. Anything Kenne bell or ATR was crap & this has been known for years except for the newbies. Is the question about a race or streetcar. If its a race car we are talking about it should have zero back pressure as in a 3.5 or larger D/P with no muffler. Maybe I shouldn't respond to these entry level posts & save myself the embarrassment.

I believe that a single ATR 3" exhaust set-up is quicker than the standard Hooker cat-back exhaust.
I've been told this has been proven on both the track and a dyno.
I have read and been told that the 3" single shot is more efficient that two 2 1/2" pipes.
However, the single shot 3" ATR does have a serious drone and loudness problem.
Aesthetically I just can't get used to the looks of a single shot exhaust.
I would never run a single shot exhaust, I don't care how much power it develops & how much it makes a car go faster.
Nor would I ever even think of trading my Hooker cat-back for one, regardless of the condition of the ATR set-up.
Most of my comments are directed towards street use and not actual track use.

BTW i have 2 cars with the hooker and 2 with ATR.Race Gas will eat big holes in the Hooker but for the street very nice system

I bought a single 3" ATR from Scott before he went to 3.5, he told me from track testing there was absolutely no difference, i would prefer a dual but couldnt beat the price:biggrin: plus i got a chance to go for a ride beast he had :(

Nothing's worse than a hooker with gas.
And, no, I won't go into detail on that statement.

I believe that a single ATR 3" exhaust set-up is quicker than the standard Hooker cat-back exhaust.
I've been told this has been proven on both the track and a dyno.
I have read and been told that the 3" single shot is more efficient that two 2 1/2" pipes.
However, the single shot 3" ATR does have a serious drone and loudness problem.
Aesthetically I just can't get used to the looks of a single shot exhaust.
I would never run a single shot exhaust, I don't care how much power it develops & how much it makes a car go faster.
Nor would I ever even think of trading my Hooker cat-back for one, regardless of the condition of the ATR set-up.
Most of my comments are directed towards street use and not actual track use.
Yeah Gary that's what I'm talking about !

I've had a 3 1/2" single and a 3" single on different cars over the years. I hated both of them due to the noise. I'd suggest you run your Hooker exhaust until it's rusts through and make the decision then. Personally I've always liked the hooker system for how it sounds and it's a good deal price wise too. I bought an exhaust from RJC recently and it's really nice but doesn't install nearly as easily as you'd be led to believe.

Neal