WTF now...!Help! Power Logger Files.

V8killR4U

Ive been chasing my tail with tunning issues with my car im pretty much at my ropes end and considering selling the car foe about the 3rd time, just been more of a pain than a joy to own, something is always going on.

My A/F ratio is never consistant! Everything fuel related is new. I've tried my basic TT chip, trying to keep it simple and my SD chip where i can lock in a set A/F. During 1/4 mile runs its simply never consistant with A/F. During this run it starts out good, then gets lean then goes pig rich during the end. Sometimes it starts lean and stays lean. Its something different every time.

Yes, I see the knock, which is false by the way. What could cause the AF to do this or do something different every time. Its different all the damn time. Im tired of throwing money at it and im frankly gettng tired of the car period.

Alchy pump tested at 145 psi with car off @ 30. I have a new reds double pumper, new injectors, harness, you name it, i have it new!

1st File is using my TT basic chip

2nd File is using the TT SD chip with A/F lock at 10.5

Any input, advice will be greatly appreciated, anyone to help me figure this out will be compensated with your beverage of choice. lol I gotta laugh to keep from crying!:redface:

Attachments

• milan2.zip
    185.4 KB · Views: 71
  • last pass ubly.zip
    105.1 KB · Views: 65
Looks to me like your wideband may be reading wrong. It doesn't seem to jive with your narrowband readings.
If it were my car, I would replace the O2 sensor and try again.

Eric

Looks to me like your wideband may be reading wrong. It doesn't seem to jive with your narrowband readings.
If it were my car, I would replace the O2 sensor and try again.

Eric

Im using the PLX wide and never used it with race gas. Not saying it not bad, but Jesus what gives. How does the Narrow band effect Wide Band? How often do wide bands go south.

Eric you have been nothing but a pleasure to deal with by the way! I just dont get this F in car! Even duty cycles seem off and inconsistant at times....Let me see if I can find a log of a run with my duty cycle reading something crazy....

Your injector duty cycle is railed near 95-97% the chip is correcting 32%, your hitting knock at the end of the run, and your reving the motor out of the powerband as the duty cycle is falling off as your rpm is increasing, or your valve springs are not enough. OR your fuel pump is not keeping up. One or all above are your problems...:D

Im using the PLX wide and never used it with race gas. Not saying it not bad, but Jesus what gives. How does the Narrow band effect Wide Band? How often do wide bands go south.

Wideband sensors do go bad, or can be defective. If you are going to rely on it to control your fuel, I would replace it once a year, especially since we tend to run pretty rich mixtures on the Buicks.

For now, if the wideband sensor is bad, you can turn off closed loop (set param 16 to 9.9), and use param 1 (WOT fuel) to tune O2's to the 750-800mv area and least amount of knock in 3rd gear.

Your injector duty cycle is railed near 95-97% the chip is correcting 32%, your hitting knock at the end of the run, and your reving the motor out of the powerband as the duty cycle is falling off as your rpm is increasing, or your valve springs are not enough. OR your fuel pump is not keeping up. One or all above are your problems...:D

Well....Valve springs are new from Champion and everything fuel related is new, injectors, double pumper etc. I guess I'll have to go over a few things...This just sucks!

Wideband sensors do go bad, or can be defective. If you are going to rely on it to control your fuel, I would replace it once a year, especially since we tend to run pretty rich mixtures on the Buicks.

For now, if the wideband sensor is bad, you can turn off closed loop (set param 16 to 9.9), and use param 1 (WOT fuel) to tune O2's to the 750-800mv area and least amount of knock in 3rd gear.

Eric I may just try a new Wide band sensor. Like u mentioned the narrowband and Wideband dont jive. Would that cause the crazy correction and duty cycle like Norbs pointed out?

That knock is scary looking. Are you running alky?

With the sd chip your not getting the knock. That chip is throwing allot more fuel at it. Kinda looks like the extra fuel suppresses it. Thats just my observation.

Something with the wideband does seem weird. :confused:

That knock is scary looking. Are you running alky?

With the sd chip your not getting the knock. That chip is throwing allot more fuel at it. Kinda looks like the extra fuel suppresses it. Thats just my observation.

Something with the wideband does seem weird. :confused:

The KNOCK is false, The SD chip just allows me to ignore it up to a certain MPH or a certain amount of time. The normal chip doesnt have that option, thus the knock shown in the PL. Drive train noise is causing the knock.

The KNOCK is false, The SD chip just allows me to ignore it up to a certain MPH or a certain amount of time. The normal chip doesnt have that option, thus the knock shown in the PL. Drive train noise is causing the knock.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure?? False or not, the timing is still being pulled, a LOT of it. Throws the tune off.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure?? False or not, the timing is still being pulled, a LOT of it. Throws the tune off.

ABSOLUTELY...Car has been doing it for years, I suspect the timing chain is way too loose. I would have imagined that if it was real the car would have given up the ghost a long time ago.

Eric I may just try a new Wide band sensor. Like u mentioned the narrowband and Wideband dont jive. Would that cause the crazy correction and duty cycle like Norbs pointed out?

Whats your thought on the crazy duty cycle as Norbs pointed out?

Whats your thought on the crazy duty cycle as Norbs pointed out?

A bad wideband reading will make crazy duty cycles with a chip that relies on the wideband. You'll notice your 5.6 chip log had a normal duty cycle since it doesn't look at the wideband.