WTB: Mass Air Flow Meter for 87 GN

matt94z

Hey guys, Im lookin for a good working stock MAF for my 87 GN. I just bought the car and appearantly the one that came on it is not a turbo MAF.

-Thanks, Matt

Get the lt1 an maf translator, the car will run much better and be more reliable. The stockers can fail at any time. Go to fullthrottlespeed they have it all in stock,

Get the lt1 an maf translator, the car will run much better and be more reliable. The stockers can fail at any time. Go to fullthrottlespeed they have it all in stock,

Thats what I said in a PM to him. Lots of options for Maf's these days.

Does anyone know the calibration code for the stock MAF?

All this upgraded stuff sounds nice, but I need to put some time and money towards the body first. Infact the reman MAF on my car works fine (for now). I just figured if I could find a working correct MAF for a good price then Id pick it up.

calibration is 0- to 255 grams per sec

you could start the car and check for idle then do a full throttle launch (somewhere safe and see if it gets to 255 or falls short with a scan master/laptop.

if yours plugs in from the front and not the bottom you have a v6 camaro one that will work some what but not optimal- calibration will be off for turbo applications.

btw the maf is discontinued from gm for about 7 years now.

calibration is 0- to 255 grams per sec

you could start the car and check for idle then do a full throttle launch (somewhere safe and see if it gets to 255 or falls short with a scan master/laptop.

if yours plugs in from the front and not the bottom you have a v6 camaro one that will work some what but not optimal- calibration will be off for turbo applications.

btw the maf is discontinued from gm for about 7 years now.

the calibration code he is talking about is not the numbers you see on the scanmaster. his says 1104sk i believe the one off of a turbo is a XXXXbw code

code

even still he would need to put it on the car to verify that it has a full range- otherwise it could be like my old one which stopped at 239 at wot

car ran fine for 4 years but the maf was was bad on the high end