Would like to set up a Buick race at LACR

hurstbuick

Hey guys, I would like to get your thoughts on a Buick Turbo race at LACR in late February or early March. If interested please Email me at hurstbuick@aol.comhurstbuick@aol.com
just a thought at this point but we could have some fun.

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA

PS: I'm still working on the first DVD series of Buick Turbo racing with lots of FAST CARS will keep all posted when its ready.

Count me in, good place to actually be able to run a few times per hour. As opposed to once a day, or not at all (right wiked?)

ill show up with out saying anything, then pass out some personal material, then leave without saying hi; how rude..

good luck with the event sir.

Originally posted by XxDarkSidexX
ill show up with out saying anything, then pass out some personal material, then leave without saying hi; how rude..

:rolleyes:

I'll be there

Anyplace other than California Speedway on an open track day

The GNX needs to get some 1/4 mile runs in to really stretch the legs out

Keep us informed

Later

Ray

Steve sounds good to me and march sounds like the right time. I will be there and Rick Persy says he will also .

REG

Track Rental At California Speedway 03/25/05

Here is another option for those that want to get together locally

I have been to a previous event with this group and it worked out great

They are looking for 60 cars minimum at $100.00 each

This is the ad I recently received:

Hello Everyone;

Here's another chance for us to enjoy another day of drag racing without the hassle of long lines. With a limited number of participants, make as many runs as possible.

Event Date: March 25, 2005 (Friday)

To sign up, and for additional details, pls visit the website:
www.alternativemotoring.com

'Hope to see you all there!

Alan

Re: Track Rental At California Speedway 03/25/05

Originally posted by SYTECH
Here is another option for those that want to get together locally

I have been to a previous event with this group and it worked out great

They are looking for 60 cars minimum at $100.00 each

This is the ad I recently received:

Hello Everyone;

Here's another chance for us to enjoy another day of drag racing without the hassle of long lines. With a limited number of participants, make as many runs as possible.

Event Date: March 25, 2005 (Friday)

To sign up, and for additional details, pls visit the website:
www.alternativemotoring.com

'Hope to see you all there!

Alan

Do you know if this is side by side racing or do they only use a single lane.
Jeff

California Speedway

Hey Jeff,

Both lanes running at the same time (heads up / grudge / T&T)

Time for you to put some Vipers & Vettes in thier place

Last time there they cut off vehicles at 75 (total) I believe, so get in while you can

Target rich environment

Later,

Ray

Racing at California Speedway for a $100

On Ray's post the price to race at the track is $100.00 I guess that is OK but if we can get a minimum of 25 to 30 Turbo cars to race at LACR I think the cost would be about $20 for car and driver and spectator would be $10. I can set up all with the track owner, but only if I have a guarantee of 25 to 30 vehicles I can also get us at lease 2 staging lanes and I think we can get 4 to 6 Qualifying passes and if the group wants to, we can have eliminations which I will set up between all racer and also set up difference ET groups. So if all this sounds good I will need the people who want to race for sure please Email me with Name, Address, City, State, Phone # a type of car. Remember the magic number is 25 to 30 cars minimum or more.

hurstbuick@aol.com
Web Sitehttp://www.bgnra.org

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA

Originally posted by XxDarkSidexX

Let's not get off-topic here as ANYONE promoting a Buick event should have the support of the community as they are few and far between.:)

Originally posted by Nick Micale
Let's not get off-topic here as ANYONE promoting a Buick event should have the support of the community as they are few and far between.:)

exactly my thinking nick, this is why it was soo rude! Seems like u should be telling that to the other guy....

I WAS promoting the GN community, i made/hyped/promoted the event, in person and online, which turned out to be SICK!!! I dont remember the numbers but it was a above average turn out for GN's. And well i had a blast hopin around on 1 leg, i recall many GN owners givin me thx for settin' it up especially giving the circumstances(my surgury)!

this is the best part, 2 months later i got a letter from him looking for renewal fees lol!!!:rolleyes:

I know that we are not supposed to bitch, but it seems to me that there is no such thing as a Buick event without bitching. Sooo, a Buick event with bitching is much better than no Buick event at all. I always have a good time at the Buick events, bitching or no bitching, it's nice to see all of the Buicks & Buick powered cars/trucks & people. Looking forward to it already.

Some (most) of the funnest and best planed out Buick events that I've ever been to were ones that Steve organized. If I can get time off work for the event ,Ill go.:)

Originally posted by Wells
I know that we are not supposed to bitch, but it seems to me that there is no such thing as a Buick event without bitching. Sooo, a Buick event with bitching is much better than no Buick event at all. I always have a good time at the Buick events, bitching or no bitching, it's nice to see all of the Buicks & Buick powered cars/trucks & people. Looking forward to it already.

I agree, there will always be some complaining. But, I always have fun and enjoy meeting other Turbo Buick Enthusiast and learning from the old gezzards that addicted me to this hobby........:D Thanks!

In saying this, I will be there and will support it 100% if I can get off work.

Ray