Would a fan in front of the intercooler work?

6-Banger

I have a FMIC and a stock radiator and was wondering if putting an electric fan in front of the radiator would help cool the intercooler and the radiator under normal driving conditions? I realize to keep coolant temps down I should buy an aluminum radiator, but I was just curious if anyone has seen this or has tried this? Any benefit or downfall?

What helps the radiator will help the IC and vice versa. You should get an F-Body Radiator and an external oil cooler, and the IC temps would automatically drop. The hot air cant conduct very well, away from the IC unless the radiator behind it is doing its job. If you clean out all the connections (pins and sockets) at the fan relays, spotless clean, the stock fan will spin alot faster at low and high speeds. My stock fan does a perfect job of cooling, even in summer heat, with the F-Body radiator.

I took out the A/C condenser and had a pretty decent gap between my front mount and aluminum radiator so I had a large 11" Spal fan mounted on the backside of the front mount to pull air through the intercooler and push it onto the radiator. The radiator also has a dual set of 11" Spal fans pulling. Yeah I'm pretty confident I won't have any cooling issues. Gonna sound like a 747 carting around the runway:D

get reed of t fmic and you will solve all the problmes with the heating try the stretch slic from gbodyparts 23 row i put it in mine i went from running 195 to220 just changeing the ic i run 167 to175 with the air 158 @ 117 the car ran beeter call BRIAN at GBODYPARTS hes the man

get reed of t fmic and you will solve all the problmes with the heating try the stretch slic from gbodyparts 23 row i put it in mine i went from running 195 to220 just changeing the ic i run 167 to175 with the air 158 @ 117 the car ran beeter call BRIAN at GBODYPARTS hes the man

sure I'll get rid of my front mount and put in a stock location intercooler and LOSE horsepower:confused:

d0n 3d,

That was going to be my next step if nobody mounts them in front of the intercooler. I have about 2 3/4" between the two. I am first going to get a dual fan setup, then see what happens to my temp. I would like to keep the stock rad. if possible (low mileage car).

you dont lose any hp pu alky and you gaing lets rann and see# diff between stock streched to a front monte and compare the # and see who drves home with air on

my car ran stonger and responded beeter tslic lot less tube tu gu thruill look up the number the diff between out oif the turbo to in to the throtale was a bigg diff w ith t slic

I don't understand how some of you are overheating. I've been in bumper to bumper traffic in 100 degree weather with no issues at all.

fmic

I've had a fmic and now I have a precison slic w/alky and with a dual fan setup, I have had no issues with over heating . In the staging lane w/ac on 45 deg air coming out of the vents . I am now swithcing back to the front mount ic to stray away from heat soak from the s.l.i.c. Also have stock radiator with remote trans cooler. :p