Workin' on my frame......

slowboi

I'm about 8 weeks into a frame off restore on my 86 Grand National. Ive started with cleaning up the frame and notching it out. I cut about an inch in and im at the point of starting to coat it with rust bullet. The final coat will be black of course!

Frame2_zps17c6bf9f.jpg

mounts3_zps8bd21619.jpg

mount2_zps32080628.jpg

Frame22_zps3e78781f.jpg

Make sure that Rust bullit sticks. My frame was almost done when I noticed it flaking off. Was I pissed. The body shop I got it from had the same problem with a cadi frame. I ended up reblasting the frame and using por15. When rust bullit was called they said it wasnt prepped right. The body shop called rust bullit and they said they had a bad batch that went out. I like the way it went on the frame. The Por 15 makes a huge mess. Your frame looks good. What with the bar going across?Did you install that?

Im pretty happy with the rust bullet so far. I wire wheeled the whole frame, then hit it with a 240 sand paper, then a strong de-greaser. It went on nice and flat, im pretty sure I dont have an adhesion problem.... we will see though, I still have to apply the black top coat. The bar is from the g-body frame notch kit. Its a good idea, it attaches to two 1/4inch steel plates on the inside of the frame rails. It will be a great spot to tie in my 10 point cage!

Put the black top coat on today, went on nice! I also tested an area on the frame for adherance and its stuck like glue....

Frame26_zps9f8241cd.jpg

Frame25_zpsced37cb7.jpg

Did a bunch of work on the frame over the last week and built the front end...... not completely done but a quick before and after pic :)

Before

After

For those who are interested:
- Ride tech upper, lowers, swaybar, coilovers (single adjustable), Baer Track 4's, Forged performance steering rack, all new upper an lower ball joints, everything else it treated to rust bullet.