Work in Progress.....

Blacktop87

Well since moving to Charlotte, I've been working on my GN and putting some wrench time from day till night. So I thought I would show u what an original 87 with 48k that's been sitting for about 5 years (obviously not inside) looks like. Here are some pics before I got started....and before making numerous trips to Autozone that about 2 mins down the road :) . Any comments or tips are welcomed.

GN - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today we actually got the TA49 turbo installed....DP installed and the Turbo Tech actually hooked up. It was actually pretty easy to hook it up. I can't wait to here the sound. I'll post some pics of the mounting and hook up tomorrow as it got dark and the light in the garage ain't all that great. I'll keep you guys posted.

looks good i hope you can come out and join us at our next meet

Well we finally got thet car started today and it was nice to hear it with the 3 inch exhaust on it and dp. It sounded amazing. I'm going to try and get a video of it running. We don't have the IC hooked up and its not tuned right. We have to resest the IAC, TPS and a bunch of other stuff...but from the rusted thru exhaust we had last time, the choppy sounds from the exhaust was amazing. Even my friend was glad to help to put the new stuff on. Video will be on later on tonight.

WOOT!!! Finally got done install the SMC alky kit in. Even tested it to see if it sprayed. All I can say is wow! I can't believe that I got it installed and working on the first try. Got Caspers Knock alarm installed also...I didn't think it was working or hooked up properly until I tapped on the side of the block. I had to knock on it about 4 times to actually get it to make a full tone...it made me jump (just for a second. ;)) but I can only imagine what it will sound like inside the cabin. The car is coming back nicely now. I'm doing the Vac brake switch later on today and I should have the car on the road and testing it out sometime the end of this week or next week. I'll keep this updated as I go and put more pics of the install.

Yo blacktop, interested in hanging out with some brew and talking bout buicks? Im free this weekend and my car needs to be driven. Thought about going and seeing NCTurbos too. He has a shop near my house. Wanna get together?

S.

Yeah...I just moved my Buick outside today to finish the rest...man the garage was a total mess from rush oil and stuff I didn't bring in there. But once I bleed the brakes and get some tires I should be able to get it on the road.

Well guys I have everything on the 87 GN and ready to go out and test how she does. I've just installed the S10 cylinder and re-did the brake lines going from the porting valve to the rear cylinders, and flushed out the old fluid because of 3 pinholes that I had. Installed new brakes shoes and New tires (275/60-15) and they fit nice...no rubbing at all. If any is going to be out tonight near Charlotte let me know...I'll be out once I know everything is up to par and can hold on the 19 psi runs. Last thing I need to do is alky, but I wanted to make sure the car is running better than the condition that I got it in.

I'll post up tonight and let u gusy know the progress.....

If the weather breaks, we are going to Mooresville dragstrip, Come on out and join us. 6pm until.........