Wiring harness for a LT1 evac pump

ttypewhite

Racetronix built me a custom piece. If there is enough interest to produce these. Maybe Jack can work something out for the masses. Its seemed to generate a good buss in the Tech section. As always, volume dictates if its worth doing and helps with cost per unit. Post here if its something your interested in. I got mine and love it. Mine runs off a hobb switch (5psi)with a light inside the car(my shift light) to let me know its on. I run it off the valve cover into the pump, and off to the catch can.
DSC01433.jpg

Evac. system

I would be interested. Nice clean unit from what I can see. Is that the pump just below the catch can? Thanks for posting. Curious as to how much vac this unit pulls.

Yes that is the pump below the catch can. Mine pulls 4 to 5"of vaccum with the foam pulled out. Racetronix would build the harness, you would have to pick up the pump at your local GM dealer.

Definately interested as it doesnt look like I can fit a GZ vacuum kit on my car. Might be room under the turbo, but not sure about that after i get an externally gates DP...

They sell this harness with a hobbs switch?

Definately interested as it doesnt look like I can fit a GZ vacuum kit on my car. Might be room under the turbo, but not sure about that after i get an externally gates DP...

They sell this harness with a hobbs switch?

Yes it would be sold with a hobb switch. Price rides on the amount of people interested. Volume always brings numbers down.

I will put some of these into production ASAP as I have all the parts required on the shelf.

The base harness with Hobbs pressure switch will be $59.99.
An optional adapter will be available to connect two types of GM pumps.
There will be the option to interface a cockpit control switch and an indicator LED.

Jack :cool:

I will put some of these into production ASAP as I have all the parts required on the shelf.

The base harness with Hobbs pressure switch will be $59.99.
An optional adapter will be available to connect two types of GM pumps.
There will be the option to interface a cockpit control switch and an indicator LED.

Jack :cool:

How about the option of a one-way check valve to put into the drivers side(?) valve cover. When the pump kicks on, you only pull inside engine air and not pulling in outside air.

Your comment has me puzzled. Is that not what the valve cover breather does?? It does not have a check valve mind you, but the hobb switch comes on at 5psi or what ever you set it to and it pulls crankcase out the motor, not outside. Can you clarify what your saying a bit more?

How about the option of a one-way check valve to put into the drivers side(?) valve cover. When the pump kicks on, you only pull inside engine air and not pulling in outside air.

Your comment has me puzzled. Is that not what the valve cover breather does?? It does not have a check valve mind you, but the hobb switch comes on at 5psi or what ever you set it to and it pulls crankcase out the motor, not outside. Can you clarify what your saying a bit more?

At a certain point, won't you "theroretically" pull all the crankcase air out?

Then wouldn't you just be pulling fresh air inward from your VC breaters?

At a certain point, won't you "theroretically" pull all the crankcase air out?

No, the unit is not that strong. Pulls 4to 5" of vaccum.

Then wouldn't you just be pulling fresh air inward from your VC breaters?

Your breather runs a tube to the pump, the pump puts it in a catch can. there is no need for a check valve. If there is a check valve in that line. In normal driving out of boost but with load you will shoot oil out your dip stick tube. I found that out the hard way. Because my pump had a check valve in it and did that very same thing. So I pulled apart the pump and took the check valve out and it works perfectly now.

I think what I was trying to say:

You normally have 2 VC breathers. 1 breather for each VC. Passenger VC breather should run to the pump like you said. The drivers side should have a 1 way check valve (smog pump style) attached to the vc to allow normal(out) breathing during crusing, but under boost, check valve is drawn inward due to pump kicking on and only crankcase air is being pulled.

Does that make sense?

This is just a harness that we are talking about with a hobb switch with options of some extras. You buy your own pump, breathers, check valves, hoses etc etc. If you can find some sort of check valve that can work with it, by all means. The one on my car works great without it, and that is the base of what this design is stemming from.

How do i order one. I want all the bells, whistles, lites and gadgets please:smile:

Don't know why that thumbs down appeared in the icon.......

reading thru this thread, i got to thinking..
instead of using the pump for crankcase evac- or in addition to using it for the crankcase- could you boost reference it and use it to inject air into the exhaust pipe right before it goes into the turbo thru a one way check valve when a certain boost level is reached? i know that the purpose of the AIR pump in the first place is to shoot outside air into the exhaust or cat converter to help light it off more by burning any unburnt gas molecules that made it thru hte engine. my thinking is that the extra "ooph" could help spool up the turbo a bit faster..