Wipers and cruise don't work. Need Help.

Michael LeRoy

Turbo newby
Like the title says neither one works. Do I have two problems? What would be the most likely cause? Any help would be great.

There are two switches with plungers that get depressed when the brake pedal is in the up position. The upper switch engages the cruise control. The lower switch engages the rear brake lights. You want to make sure the upper switch is adjusted correctly so when your foot is off the brake, the plunger is fully depressed. Can't help you on the wipers, sorry.

If they both quit at the same time I would guess it is in the stalk on the steering column. Check the wires and see if the stalk came unplugged.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well.... What was the problem? Enquiring minds want to know.

Not really sure what fixed the wipers. I managed to get them to work but the motor is bad. They only work on high and on come up three inches of the cowl. The cruise is another issue. I realized the te servo, wiring and cable on the left inner fender are gone. So that explains that. Now its back to looking for parts. Thanks again for the help.

I realized the te servo, wiring and cable on the left inner fender are gone. :eek:

I have all the cruise control stuff I took off my car.

I can take a pic tonight. Do you have a phone I can send the pic to? I will take $35 shipped for the servo. The module is under the dash. You might want to check and see if it is there.