Winter plans?

groumoutis

This winter I have a few changes to the car in the works.

I bought a Hotwire for the fuel pump and got new hd valve springs to put in. The part I am not sure about is I am putting on alky in the spring after I have ran the car and know nothing has changed after it sat for the winter. So my question I have is the wastegate actuator! Other than a heavy duty actuator is there any other alternative to use that is not a bov.

Get caught up on last winter plans. After the putting the motor back in with new head gaskets, the interior is coming out for a 6 pt. roll bar. If there is any money left, I'll send it to RJC for a front mount.

Hopefully my H&R bar will show up, if my buddy ordered it for me yet; so I'll do that this winter. Also new rear brake hose and axle lines, and a complete front brake upgrade using S-10 spindles and hubs and LS-1 F-Body rotors/calipers/pads.

I'm putting off the TA header swap in favor of the brakes, so I'll just get my spare DS header re-welded (again...) and toss it on there. The GN is gonna need tires too.

I'd like to get the car back together. Didn't spend much time this summer on it. Damn boats. :D

From my understanding the factory wastegate can only handle around 20# of boost. Will the RJC boost controller fix that? I didn't think it would.

Winter plans...car is going in for a long overdue paint job to take care of the badly checked GM paint. Car will be completely stripped, anything that can be removed will be, glass, fenders, mirrors, doors, bumpers, tailights, fillers, grill, header panel,... etc. Couple of door dings to take care of but no rust or bodywork. Base coat, clear coat. Cant wait to see it done !!
Motor is getting rebuilt, heads getting repaired and maybe ported. Hope to be able to keep it in one piece and be able to actually enjoy it for once.

Bryan

From my understanding the factory wastegate can only handle around 20# of boost. Will the RJC boost controller fix that? I didn't think it would.

set the wastegate at a low level. Set the boost controller at whatever boost you want. It will prevent the wastegate from opening till the boost hits the desired psi.

Just sent turbo out for a freshing. Pulled out PM for a vacuum swap(which i said i would never do). While thats out the steering shaft came out for the jeep one. Funny how once its out you lack the motivation to jump back in. That brake pedal was a pita to remove and not looking forward putting the new one in. And this is the first time im saying it, but its going in for paint after the first of the year. A member on this board did my GN and is my only choice for the WH1. Just like Phoneguy, its going down to the metal and everything is coming off.

Hopefully my H&R bar will show up, if my buddy ordered it for me yet; so I'll do that this winter. Also new rear brake hose and axle lines, and a complete front brake upgrade using S-10 spindles and hubs and LS-1 F-Body rotors/calipers/pads.

I'm putting off the TA header swap in favor of the brakes, so I'll just get my spare DS header re-welded (again...) and toss it on there. The GN is gonna need tires too.

Where did you get the adaptor for the 12" rotor set up Scott? I've been looking for one for a while.

Where did you get the adaptor for the 12" rotor set up Scott? I've been looking for one for a while.

I'll have to get them made Charlie. There's a good local machine shop that has helped me out before. That'll be the last step, I've gotta gather all the parts first.

No winter plans here, just ideas and parts gathering, just bought my regal t a week ago so im pondering ideas and doing lots of reading on here.:smile: