will this tranny work

wbzautocustomiz

Want my GN to go 11's one day
I have a GM KCF yellow tag tranny will this work in a 87 t-type stock car with just a chip and exhaust? not a race car but a occassional driver just want to see if it would work without any problems

I have a GM KCF yellow tag tranny will this work in a 87 t-type stock car with just a chip and exhaust? not a race car but a occassional driver just want to see if it would work without any problems

Without any problems? Not if you like to stick your foot in it.
Chart says " B/D 307 Y 2.73" It came with a smaller servo, the wrong speedo gear and a differently calibrated valve body.

That said, if you put a brick under the 'GO' pedal, it might get from point 'A' to point 'B' for a long time.

It will "work" but your shift points will be off and it won't take any abuse without modifications.

I thank all for advice

Thanks fellas that is what i am looking to do just drive it to keep it up to par versus sitting and waiting and are the mods really hard like a trans guy will have to do or is it a DIY type of mods you guys are talking about?, I have new baby that pops out in a couple a weeks so that will set me back til sept-oct anyway for the rebuild of my BRF that is in car now.

Thanks fellas that is what i am looking to do just drive it to keep it up to par versus sitting and waiting and are the mods really hard like a trans guy will have to do or is it a DIY type of mods you guys are talking about?, I have new baby that pops out in a couple a weeks so that will set me back til sept-oct anyway for the rebuild of my BRF that is in car now.

Swap the ValveBody, Governor & Servo from your BRF trans into the KCF. While you're at it install a Shift Recalibration Kit from CKPerformance and you should be good to go untill you can have the BRF built. http://www.ckperformance.com/resources/GM2004RSHIFTKITSVALVEBODIESGOVERNORS.html

I want to know if there is any way to get info, instuctions on valve body, gov, etc swap since I have never done this. I do know how to work on my car just a rookie when it comes to this kind of internal tranny work or should I leave to a pro

I want to know if there is any way to get info, instuctions on valve body, gov, etc swap since I have never done this. I do know how to work on my car just a rookie when it comes to this kind of internal tranny work or should I leave to a pro

If you get a Shift Recal. Kit from CK it comes with instructions for the ValveBody install etc..
CK sells Servos so he could give instructions for that also or do a search on here for Band clearance, Servo install etc..
The Gov is simple just remove & install.
A 2004R ATSG Manual will help, they're cheap, Ebay or most any Trans part supplier.
You should replace as many seals as you can get to before the install, Ex.> Front & Rear seal, TV cable & Dipstick tube seal, Shift Lever Shaft seal, Speedo Shaft seal, and install a drain plug in the pan.