Will this AudioBahn amp PUSH my subs

A

AsphaltAnihil8r

Its an AudioBahn 4600E (amp)
Subs are AudioBahn Alum 10 2ea

The amp is 4x75watts and is bridgeable ,Chnls 1+2 and Chnls 3+4,, what would the output be
Or do I need different amp

Dennis

I would suggest that if you go Audiobahn look into their HC or Class D amps. They offer several amps that will push the 1000+ needed for that pair of subs.

Originally posted by mcss383
I would suggest that if you go Audiobahn look into their HC or Class D amps. They offer several amps that will push the 1000+ needed for that pair of subs.

But I already have this amp..:confused: :confused:
I can afford about $200 more on this mismatched system..

lol, this is y you ask BEFORE you buy. ;)

ok, It will do 2x210 @4ohm. Yes it will push those subs, just not near their limits. All that means is go easy on it and not 'overwork' the amp and start pushing distortion. You will then have problems. That should still yield you a pretty good amt of bass.

lol, this is y you ask BEFORE you buy. ;)
When I bought this amp the "OLD FORUM" was still working,which means it has been many months now and I can't remember if there was an Audio section:D :D

If this amp was an inch or two smaller I could put it under the passenger seat for the mid ranger front and rear,I want the trunk to have only one amp there and that will be for the subs...

Dennis

Hey Dennis,

If you can, try to get a larger amp for those subs because you can blow a sub faster with not enough power than too much. Distortion will kill a driver quicker than anything. If you dont overdrive sub, you should be fine but the sub is more deserving of more power than the amp can deliver.

I was thinking of the Lasnzar Vibe 1200D for the amp for those subs ..ay iseas ,,I have heard these amps sux but feel the problwm of it gooing iinto protection due to the supply wires not beeing large enough
Any thoughts

Dennis

its a good amp....when u get one that doesn't go into protect. The problem is within the amp. A design flaw. If you get one that doesn't, then you just got the best damn $240 1200rms amp on the market!

But you will be taking a gamble.

while ur surfing over at car sound, do a search on it, there have been lots and lots of threads about it.

its a good amp....when u get one that doesn't go into protect. The problem is within the amp. A design flaw. If you get one that doesn't, then you just got the best damn $240 1200rms amp on the market!

But you will be taking a gamble.

while ur surfing over at car sound, do a search on it, there have been lots and lots of threads about it.
Yes I have been reading at CarSound.com and it seems like when they were switching to larger ga.wire (4ga.) that the amp was then not going into protect,also some of the people have 80amp alternators and the amp draws 85 or so sometimes vs. our 120amp..
Anyhow ,,I found and bought it for $190 on Ebay...:D :D and $15.00 shipping

Thanks
Dennis

for $190 its worth the gamble in my book. You could trash it if it breaks and buy 3 more and still come out ahead from buying Kicker, or MTX or something 'over the counter'.

$190? damn thats $30-40 under wholesale....I'm going to have to have a talk with my supplier.... lol