will stock trans hold up

TurboToy

4PLAYN
have a few questions i was hoping to get an answer to :

will a stock transmission stand up to an 11's car is where i want to be
and will it hold up for a cruser-weekend toy

the reason i ask its about time to get a new one and if i don't have to get a big time race transmission for just what i want to get accomplished i would perfer not to but if it will take a perfessional built one to do it thats the direction i will go the trans i have now was in the car when i bought it and has been rebuilt and has never felt right as a buddy of mines stock one feels a million times better and it is a untouched transmission and this one has a 2800 stall and hardened clutches and shift kit just thought i would ask for some options thanks:D

You can talk to a number of good trans builders but this is from my own experiences. I built my own trans from my stock with an ATP stock rebuild kit. Other than checking and assembling the trans with proper clearances and a fairbanks shift kit my trans went low 12s all summer with me the wife and racing along with boulavard bashing. A well built 200 will last in the 11's with no problems assuming that it is built correct and solid. I finally toasted mine but my own rebuild with stock parts I was happy with the results. Lasted 1.5 seasons for 89.00 can complain. I will however do mine better this winterr with alot of the good stuff like Alto clutches Kolene steels new pump and install new pump bushing also. All this setup prperly should give you ggod trouble free service deep into the 11's. Of course this is only my opinion and experience. Bruce Toelle will really be able to help you out.

thanks sounds good

well i had a chance to sit down with the trans tech at the dealer where i work and he said that the best way to go would be to pull my trans out save the stall and trash the rest and find one out of a known good car and run it till it breaks and rebuild it from there and thats sounds good to me so i am fixen to hit the parts want room thaks for your replys:D

Turbo toy, do not trash the rest of that trans. The BRF coded trans only came in the turbo cars 86 - 87. The valve body for the BRF is different then any other 200 valve body. As long as there is no major damage such as a case cracked then I woul rebuild the one you have. Getting a used one is crap shoot. There are good ones out there but the stock trans into the 11's you will toast it. Contact Bruce and he can help you out on this. I think you would be better served to rebuild the one you have by a reputable 200 trnas builder.