Will SEM paint work on seat belts?

turboclam

Has anyone tried it? How long has it last? Is there something better out there that can be used?

which part of the seat belts we talking about? SEM does make paint for plastics that works very (my experience).

If your talking about the belt themselves I think you need to have them dyed though IIRC something in the Fisher Body Manual says that's a no-no.

Has anyone tried it? How long has it last? Is there something better out there that can be used?

What's exactly is wrong with yours? I just cleaned my belts, all the stains were removed with a brush & some multipurpose cleaner. Turned out very good. :cool:

I'm looking at putting Sebring or Avenue/LeSabre seats in my T. Thinking about doing a color change from gray to tan.

I've used interior paint on the belts themselves before. Worked well enough. The car was a flip so I don't know how it lasted but it looked nice after it was done. Good way to clean up some crummy old belts if you have to...

pics of painted seat belts:
P4280009.jpg

u could try dying them. there was a how to in pontiac high performance. I have the magazine. If no one has a problem with it I will write up "in my own words" on how to do it.

I play the police in that section:biggrin: ;) Every time I see something that doesn't belong I send it to the mod.