Will a distributor fit with stock setup?

Do you think a distributer on a 9-10 second car will ....

• Reduce hp compared to wastespark?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Increase hp over wastespark?

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Do nothing, just a waste of time/money?

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Drive Bruce over the Edge.

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not losing my a/c because of this period. WHere can i see a pic of his install?

CTX-SLPR said:
Hmmm... thinking of my own logic here, would the waste cylinder have the path of least resistance and get more power?

Now I have turned this into a why discussion with some root cause stuff.

Voltage and amperage is the same through a circuit until an electrical load. I am not positive if the current changes dirrections according to wich cylender is firing, but an unpressurized cylender creates basicly 0 load. The c3I systems produce in access of 100,000 volts, so to be losing enough power to the point of a non fire spark, is pretty slim. That wouldbe due to electrical system failure.

KLHAMMETT said:
If the DIS sparks on the waste cycle and burn some unburbed fuel off, Would you tune be on the money? or look leaner than actual?

The waste park cylender does not have enough fule or oxygen to create a fire. Not to mension no compression. Plus the scavanging is so great it would be almost impossible to ignite anyting.

Dave Bamford's car has a regular dist. I've never looked real close at the setup though.

Must be a reason why he got rid of the waste spark? He is pretty slick on things......

My understanding is to lower EGT's... that is why.

Remember them aluminum heads dont like a lots of heats at 35+ PSI boosts.. that is the theory from a reliable source..

Yes Mr Gomes runs AC and a distributor.. very impressive car.. I saw it at Reynolds.. and everything is very tight.

The Distributor is worth more than 100HP on a 1400HP motor.
I thought the rumor was around 70HP on a Killer TSM Set UP.
I will see if I can post some pictures of gomes.

Steve 86Brick has some.

John Wilde said:

Steve 86Brick has some.

shhhhhhhh :wink:

John Wilde said:

Steve 86Brick has some.

We've only been running one for the past 4 years or so! LOL! :D

John Wilde said:

Steve 86Brick has some.

So this is not lies?

ok, I guess I am not seeing how going to a distributor gains x amount of HP. If it is the spark output then why not go to msd ignition. Honestly I think the stock ignition is great, I do not see a problem with it.

its up to you but the fastest stock block cars have a distributor.

85HOT-T said:
ok, I guess I am not seeing how going to a distributor gains x amount of HP. If it is the spark output then why not go to msd ignition. Honestly I think the stock ignition is great, I do not see a problem with it.

There have been several threads about this already.

Heres a pic couresty of 86 brick, but i don't see how a/c is going to fit with this without a miracle.

Attachments

• smallfiscus5.JPG
    smallfiscus5.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 525
Yup I'm still on the search for the Gomez one

norbs said:
its up to you but the fastest stock block cars have a distributor.

The fastest cars PERIOD! I honestly cant believe it has taken this long for the whole thing to catch on. The dis4 MSD and stock ignition cant hold a candle (literally) to a 7al2 with an MSD crank trigger and MSD distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.