wide band display

Hiwinds

My plx wide band doesn't read the same on the gauge as it does on sm. Sm reads about .5 higher than the gauge does. What might be the problem. And which should I belive. I have it at 15.1 at idle and it will still put soot one the ground under the car.

what kind of PLX gauge do you have?, where is the PLX grounded? Do you have a voltmeter for troubleshooting?

Bob

10-12 year old plx. It is grounded under the dash. And have volt ohm meter. Been working on grounds the past week. All under hood ones ar clean and tight run a new one to the tank from frame. New 4 gauge from bat. to frame. Been chasing low voltage on sm. Back of the alt to ground shows 14.3-14.5 on a volt ohm meter but sm shows about 13.6-13.7

try grounding the PLX to the engine, that is where the ECM and PowerLogger are grounded. the ground wire in the PLX harness is really thin and the heater current for the sensor creates an offset. Cut the stock PLX ground wire short, and extend it with heavier wire, and ground it to the ECM or Engine.

let me know if this helps.

Bob