Whos Gonna Win

Who will win

• Total voters
You better get some tune time and some practice in.
You will be out mph'd by about 7-8mph if you ran a 60-1 @ 30-32psi. Stock longblocks have been 10.80's that way but only trapping 123mph. You need to get your car to hook and have it running tip top or you will get spanked

That vette is an easy high 10 sec car, even faster with a driver and some good gas.. dont do it...i think you would need to get your car to trap at least 125-130 mph..you aint doing it with your current combo..you have a high 12 sec car right now even 13 's you need to look into a decent sized turbo, high boost!!! and some traction you might have to leave on a tbrake, or some nitrous to help you..q16 fuel..or e85 could help you run high boost and some decent timing to make the power...your going to push that little 6 damn near to death to beat him.. you also going to need a matching converter and a good tranny... hope your pockets are DEEP..FYI.. just enjoy the car the way it is tell him you'll race him in the future..have fun with your car as is..you dont want to get into a money spending mess and blow something up trying to win a race...and then spend double more...

Hmmm.
If the Vett's a stick shift car, I'll give it a mid eleven at a buck thirty on the big end. His biggest problem will be, (If he doesn't have any track time under his belt) getting better than a 2.2 second 60' time. That, and the fact that he may not know how to shift that car like he stole it. This is where your car has a huge advantage. especially if you've got some track time.;)GET SOME! You don't need 580 to the wheels to beat him. If you can get 430 HP to the wheels and get your 60 foot time under a 1.75, He'll be trying to catch your @$$ all the way down the track. He will then blow past you, just after you get the win light. "Hopefully" :rolleyes:

Where do you live? Do you have anyone in the area to help you get things dialed in? You really only need three things...

Money: (hope you're single). :D
Parts: Data logger, Bigger turbo, MT DRs, airbags, LCAs, etc.
Track time/ tune.

Without the last one, don't even bother with the other two. Spanking this guy is totaly within reach. "IF" your willing to do what it takes.:cool: Keep us in the loop. We love Corvettes. They taste just like chic...... OOOOOpppps. Sorry Tim!:rolleyes:

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

:cool: Keep us in the loop. We love Corvettes. They taste just like chic...... OOOOOpppps. Sorry Tim!:rolleyes:

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Chicken is tasty, if you can catch it.....Vette, well, that stuff is just DELICIOUS!

Just race him. I don't understand the mentality of not racing somone because of the chance he might beat you. What does that say about a GN owner who won't race unless he knows he will win.... You win some lose some....

Just race him. I don't understand the mentality of not racing somone because of the chance he might beat you. What does that say about a GN owner who won't race unless he knows he will win.... You win some lose some....

There is always someone faster. Nature of the beast :p

My supercharged 97 vette (sold) made almost 600HP at the rear wheels. It was supercharged, had ported Z06 heads, cam, headers, stall, gears etc. etc. The best it ever did at the track was an 11.04 at 130MPH and that was with huge drag radials on 18x12 rims. That thing had alky too because of the boost (around 12 psi). Right now my Buick would win if I could race it. I sold the vette so that ain't gonna happen... point is, most vettes aren't modded the way that thing was and they don't hook as good as it did and still a strong running Buick can beat it, especially on the street where it'd skate around for a while.

Last year I street raced a modded '08 Grand Sport with my old combo, which ran 12 flat at only 108 MPH, and tied him 4 out of 4 times. These Buicks are sneaky. He's gonna have his hands full especially if he has a stick shift.

Well my plans before I race him are to have a stage 2 trans from Lonnie deeres, a ptc converter , and a te60. Here's a pic of the install of the procharger I helped him install. I still don't think his runflats will be able to put that kind of power down to run any decent times. IMO with him driving it's just a dyno queen

Attachments

• image-1353606783.jpg
    image-1353606783.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 204

Attachments

• image-309329074.jpg
    image-309329074.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 197
  • image-1256036318.jpg
    image-1256036318.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 202
  • image-2472569510.jpg
    image-2472569510.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 195
Flaco said:

Idc I ll race anything with wheels. I too hate people that only race when they know they'll win

IMHO . . . .
If you have a good tune, and a great launch, with some boost, you will be competitive.
We all know there is much more to winning a race than HP.

Welcome home! :cool:

Well ok it's. Fast car lol. We didn't race be Because of my trans slipping and I wanted it to last the whole week for the event. We went to the track and he ran a 13.4@119 lol. And a 12.4 @ 124. So yea he should be running quicker than that. But by next summer I ll have my te44 and th400 in :)

Those are low 11 and high 10 mph's so if he could learn to launch and 60' that thing...he'd be pretty quick on the street...

Till he learns how to drive it....I still say with some tuning and seat time you can still take him in the 1/4....or a street contest that ends before he can top end you....

meanchicken said:
Those are low 11 and high 10 mph's so if he could learn to launch and 60' that thing...he'd be pretty quick on the street...

Till he learns how to drive it....I still say with some tuning and seat time you can still take him in the 1/4....or a street contest that ends before he can top end you....

Yea he needs some mts. Those run flats aren't doing him any good..he also doesn't take it to redline(wtf right?) anyway with the stage th400 and the te44 running 24 or 25psi I think I ll take him in the quarter