Whos Gonna Win

Who will win

• Total voters

highboostgn

So I have this bet with my father in law(who im deployed with(yea lucky me:rolleyes:)) that his 05 Corvette that will have a procharger on it soon, wont be able to take my GN in a race. Now I know from a roll where he can get some traction, Im screwed, but from a dig and me running E/Ts and him having the stock run flats and lack of racing experiance, Im pretty confident I can take it.

His mods are, the procharger, Long tubes, with complete exhaust system. Stock street tires

Mine are 2.5" Dynomax exhaust/no cat, Turbo Tweak 5.7 Alky Chip, Scanmaster, MAF Translator w/ 3" LT1 MAF, Kirban 3" Snubber, 275 E/T Streets, Vacuum Brakes, SMC Alky Kit, "009" Injectors, Walbro 340 pump, FMIC, Racetronix Hotwire Kit, Accufab Adj. Fuel Reg, 160 thermostat, Ported Stock exhaust elbow, and will have a 3" DP by the time of the race

Also if you think the vette will take the GN, list what mods you think I would need to take it down.

********UPDATE*********

So the old guy goes out and puts a cam in..Dynos around 630whp...
So I got my new stage trans in,
9" Art carr converter 2800 Stall
5857 Turbo
RJC DP
at this point my best run was a 12.7 @108 on 15lbs of boost..His was a 12.6 something before the cam with just the supercharger at 581whp.:D
Im now working on getting installed;
80lb injectors
Pwr Logger with 6.1 chip
Champion Intake
Champion Fuel Rails
72mm TB
Ported Iron heads w/ bigger valves +LT1 springs
218/218 Comp cam, double roller

go to the track...it's legal, safer...and he can't take you from a roll!

I am going with the Vette, untill you get PL and a tune. :p
After that, I am going with the GN at the track, but won't vote untill you give some info about the tune. :)

Most importantly, I want to add:
Thanks to BOTH of you for serving and get home safely!

Jerryl said:
I am going with the Vette, untill you get PL and a tune. :p
After that, I am going with the GN at the track, but won't vote untill you give some info about the tune. :)

Most importantly, I want to add:
Thanks to BOTH of you for serving and get home safely!

Pl?

Well update. After helping him put the procharger on, he went to get it tuned and it put down 581 at the wheels. So needless to say I will filling out a large order. I plan on getting a stage 2 trans from Century Transmission and turning the boost up to 28lbs and hopefully that will have us pretty even

Well update. After helping him put the procharer on, he went to get it tuned and it put down 581 at the wheels. So needless to say I will filling out a large order. I plan on getting a stage 2 trans from Century Transmission and turning the boost up to 28lbs and hopefully that will have us pretty even

Will he be using the stock tires?

Yea. I had those in my c6 with the ls3. And that car would sit there and ice skate. And that was only with exhaust. He has the pro charger, full exhaust long tubes, Ported tb, and ported intake

Well update. After helping him put the procharer on, he went to get it tuned and it put down 581 at the wheels. So needless to say I will filling out a large order. I plan on getting a stage 2 trans from Century Transmission and turning the boost up to 28lbs and hopefully that will have us pretty even
Don't know if you have enough mods to keep up with 581 to the wheels....Do you have any engine work or just the bolt ons??

Agreed, if he can drive and hooks up at all you don't have a chance... A trans a few #'s of boost aren't going to make that combo have that kinda of hp! What turbo do you have?

Vette all the way.. I am goin to say a stock turbo seeing that no others are posted in his sig.

You will have to hope your father-in-law has a bad tune and bad traction. A TE44, converter, built trans and practice might help you. Dump the snubber.

He has the stock run flats. By the time we race In oct I will have a 60mm and the built trans and a converter