Who can I trust? I need a Buick repairman

I called and checked on it today at about 4:40PM. She told me it was in the shop now being looked at. She also said that they would give me a call back when they have a worksheet made up for it. I'm already scared of what he might $ay!!!

All right guys, after a long try I'm ready to pass this on to someone I can trust. I've been fighting with my car since December with one challenge after another putting everything together. I let Conrads Racing out of Houston Tx due my engine work. Conrads suggested I go with a copped head gasket setup with receiving grooves cut in both motor and heads. But after retorquing heads, I think heads are still lifting somewhat at WOT. Because at WOT it was fluttering a little less since retorquing. Plus before retorquing I would rev the engine and spots of water were coming out the exhaust and it is still misting water somewhat but not near as bad. Plus ideal oil pressure is at about 7 to 8 lbs. Now I'm just ready to find someone within a few hundred mile radious that I can trust to get my car running like it should. I'm located in Lake Charles LA, about 150 miles from Houston, 200 miles from New Orleans and maybe 300 from Shreveport. If anybody knows where I can bring it to get it running like a GN should run, please advise. I just want the same piece of mind that I now have with my tranny that Brian Hofer just built for me. I hate to say this but I'm just loosing my will to work on it anymore without driving it anymore than I have been. I may as well sell it but I know I will regret it, but I'm just tired of jacking with it. After all it been right at 8 months and I've been real persistant not to mention dam near a divorce because of the amount of $$$$ that I've spent. By now I was hoping to have to replace my Nittos with some MT Et's at least that is what I was told I should expect withe the amount of mods I have.

Thanks

Really sorry to hear about your troubles. I just bought and put in an engine, it spit a rod shortly there after @ 14# of boost!.............getting ready to tear it apart and figure out why this happened...........Keep your chin up.......I'm trying to do the same. :)

Likewise...... Robby, If you knew how much money I have spent on this car since I bought it you would throw up!!:eek: You are doing the right thing by getting the right people to help you( hoffers trans). I have seen it all with these cars so any time you need help just ask. :biggrin:

As far as how much you are about to spend and on what.... I think your gonna need headgaskets and at a minimum have the front cover ported and blueprinted if not have the bearing cleances checked. No telling what Conrads set them up at.

Any word yet ????

Ed walked next door Friday to get an update, but Robert had already left for the weekend. However I did speak with Ed on Tuesday and he told me Robert did not think there was anything wrong with my headgaskets. He said maybe radiator cap is my problem for loss of coolant. He also told me Robert had found a bad sparkplug and that my tuning needed quite a bit of help. He told Ed "man this thing hauls a$$". So it was a releif on the gaskets issue anyway, so far. Maybe Ed can get us an update tomorrow.

Yeah, Hopefully he did a leakdown and/or compression test. That would tell you the story on the headgaskets. Sounds like it is on the way to being right. Good luck. Jeremy

We will see?

Well I went and picked her up yesterday. She seemed to be running better, no slight fludder at WOT. Oil pressure now is 19 psi at idel. However, when I left for my hour ride home temp stayed at 178. About half way through my trip I saw a very slight increase in temp but no more than 185. But I was on an interstate for the whole ride. Then as I got into a little start and stop traffic, the temp started going way up, 230 range. I got it home popped the rad. cap and coolent was about a gallon low. This means I'm still loosing coolent because the mechanic changed front timing cover and put fresh coolent in alone spark plugs, oil and oil pump.

I spoke with mechanic today and he told me that he had pressure tested the whole cooling system and everything was good. We talked a little bit about my heads and I brought it to his attention that the heads were fully ported/polished with copper gaskets. He told me sometimes the ports can be ported a little to thin, thus causing sepage on the exhaust side. I guess that explains some of the smoke I had coming from the tail pipes at start up. He told me to put some Bars coolent seal in it to see if that would fix it, and that GM had to do this back in the 90's to most of there cars. So for the most part and $1400 later, it's fixed. I've just got to find my coolent issue and cross my fingers that the stop leak will resolve that.

Let us know how you make out,dont give up yet,these cars are a pain in the ass,but are so worth it!!!!!