which w body and what year washer tanks?

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
I know the info for how to set up the cheapo injection is on the b4 black website, but doesn't say which vehicle and what year. Can somebody give me a rundow, Rich???:biggrin: Can the pump in the tank be used or are you guys switching it out? I really don't know what to get. My friend and I are going to start gathering stuff for the car he is gonna buy this spring when the snow finally melts. I'd like to get the list ready for our next junkyard trip.

I think it was a Grand Prix. It has a number on it - 5049760 ASM, but you have to take it out to see the number. You can use the pump that comes with it - it's mounted on the outside of the tank (snaps in place). You can use just about any washer bottle - they come in various, odd shapes. This one just looked easier to mount.

BEFORE BLACK - Alcohol Injection

The pump I listed on my alcohol injection page is from a newer car. It fits just about any GM washer bottle, but put out a little more pressure than the one from the '88 Grand Prix.

For alcohol, I buy E85, mix it 50%/50% with water. The gasoline will seperate out (floats) and you can just pour it off.

I've cut back to just one bottle and pump. I'm trying to use as little water/alcohol as I can. I'll probably switch to staright water next spring. Every time you adjust the alcohol level, you change you A/F ratio. I'm trying to simplify to make tuning easier.

This is by far the biggest bang for buck thing you can do on these cars. Just make sure your careful and watch the gauges!

which cars have a in-tank pump with good pressure and a float? Which one will fit ok in the engine bay. I'm think something that lasts a little more than a tank of gas. Should be a good reminder and a float witha low fluid light would be a nice touch. I was thinking maybe a chrysler minivan or jeep.

I think you're looking for a tank off of my DD Jesse. It's fairly flat, extremely common in yards, and holds a full gallon. 89 Olds 88 or simular cars.

sounds good but can it be mounted under the hood somewhere with no mods? He's probably just gotta run washer fluid and water so I'm sure we can run regular rubber hose to the nozzle. Is the pump mounted in the tank?

So can I use the factory hobb switch to turn the pump on? Would it be better to build it into a 2 stage setup (like maybe come on at 7psi and the other come on at 13psi?) or just stick with a single 15m nozzle?

sounds good but can it be mounted under the hood somewhere with no mods? He's probably just gotta run washer fluid and water so I'm sure we can run regular rubber hose to the nozzle. Is the pump mounted in the tank?

The pump pops in just like Rich said but it's a fairly square tank. I'm not sure if there's enough room to mount it but it has a much bigger capacity so that would help some.

hey rich have you ever looked into the universal washer tank setups and the pump pressure on those? I was also thinkin about trying to rig a n/a 3800 FP in one of those tanks.

I've done some searching and haven't been able to find any pumps that put out any more than what you are running.

I had two tanks. Went back to one. An M15 is a lot of alcohol. While your buying the nozzles, get different sizes so you can tune it. Try to run as little alcohol as you can.

Run one wire of the pump to a wire that's only hot when the ignition is on. I used the wire to the wiper motor. Then use the factory boost light switch to ground the other end when it's activated. I just slide the factory connector down and use an alligator clip to make the connection. I can move it from the yellow to the red light in a second.

I haven't looked into othe pumps. The one I have has plenty of PSI and mounts outside the tank.

Also, since it's a factory bottle, no one even recognizes what's it there for. I removed the original washer bottle and use this alcohol/water for the windshield as well. Ethanol has a very distinct odor. ;)

I did see a post that warned about using water injection. Apparently it would cause impeller wear. Any truth to that?
I ran a Holley water injection on my 79 for 30,000+ miles. I eventually did see impeller wear, but I'm not convinced it was caused by the H2O inj.

Had mine hooked up to the gauge sender too. With ws washer fluid, I could run 15 psi on the street.

Keep in mind...if you increase pressure, you also increase flow....you'll need to reduce the size of the nozzle.
I know I have another new Holley H2O inj somewhere...I just have to find it. Suppose I could do a flow test with the different nozzles if you do need that info.

I had two tanks. Went back to one. An M15 is a lot of alcohol. While your buying the nozzles, get different sizes so you can tune it. Try to run as little alcohol as you can.

Run one wire of the pump to a wire that's only hot when the ignition is on. I used the wire to the wiper motor. Then use the factory boost light switch to ground the other end when it's activated. I just slide the factory connector down and use an alligator clip to make the connection. I can move it from the yellow to the red light in a second.

I haven't looked into othe pumps. The one I have has plenty of PSI and mounts outside the tank.

Also, since it's a factory bottle, no one even recognizes what's it there for. I removed the original washer bottle and use this alcohol/water for the windshield as well. Ethanol has a very distinct odor. ;)

So are you getting good atomization with the M15 nozzle and the newer style pump?

I've been doing a lot of research today because I'm hungover and don't want to put my shocks on:rolleyes: Oh crap, I forgot to send that link to rich! I'm thinking he might be interested in that other link also:cool: