which thermostat 160 or 180?

gnloyalty8777

I've heard that its best to switch from a 160* to a 180* thermostat when using E85 since it runs alittle cooler. Ive just recently had a new engine built with aluminum heads and am wondering if i should switch to the 180 since its not in the car yet or should i just try the 160 which the car ran fine with the old engine

I ran a 160 in mine for awhile, but it was taking to long to warm up during the cooler months here in AZ. I changed to a 180' and like it better. Engine seems to run better a bit warmer also, but thats my experience. Yours may differ. Works for me based on my cooling system and climate.

I ran a 160 in mine for awhile, but it was taking to long to warm up during the cooler months here in AZ. I changed to a 180' and like it better. Engine seems to run better a bit warmer also, but thats my experience. Yours may differ. Works for me based on my cooling system and climate.

Here in Minnesota an early spring and late fall car cruise is a very cold ride...I have found that on E-85 and with a good radiator (2 rows or 1 in tubes all aluminum) I have trouble even maintaining 160...NO HEATER CORE HEAT!!!!...on most summer days my fans never even turn on(I have the xfi set for 170 on 168 off) I WILL be changing to a 180 stat...and even with closed loop idle and all the self correction bells and whistles it truly does run better hot than cold!!!

-Dan