wheres the darn respect at for our cars?

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
I went out cruising around earlier and stopped in at the local hang out and the guys there with the new cars and imports had NO RESPECT FOR THE OLD BUICK!!!!!!!!!

WTH I feel like our cars have lost their cool with the crowd kinda and upon leaving some older guys flagged me down and was talking about how they wished they still ahd theirs and them guys up there didnt know what they were looking at, That made me feel a little better instead of getting into a pissing match with a vette owner or a new 5.0 owner...

I guess I will have to go back later on with the radials on the back and dust a few of them...

Every few years the new guys on the block that just assume buying the newest hottest thing makes them cool need to learn...

The GN gets nothing but love around here. Maybe they were just teasing you. How can anyone NOT like GN's? :D

Sounds like they might need a little reeducating! :D

Also some go around thinking that by having the newest toy on the market thier on top of the food chain. And even if they are faster then our GNs, the "GN"s already earn its place in history. :cool:

I will be out tonight in it and educating like a mad scientist however not racing unless I gotta do it. The car is running so mean here with temps around 50 degrees and colder at night.

I live in a air force town also so I got to deal with them guys and there is some cool ones, but on the other hand I was a jarhead and to hear some of the stupidity that comes out of the mouth and what they think is going to beat what is funny sometimes. It is almost like they forget a driver is pretty important here.

I will only speak for myself. My car puts a huge smile on MY face every time I get behind the wheel. I could care less about what anyone else thinks, how they react or don't react to my car. A respectful nod, a little finger point or a thumbs up is nice but I didn't buy my car for any other reason but MY enjoyment. And all of us TR owners know how much fun we have with our cars. Enjoy the ride and forget about them.

I seriously get nothing BUT respect and a positive response from everyone when I drive my GN

I get nothing but thumbs up with my 87t here in ny as soon as they look at my drag radials they don't want any part of I get nothing but respect and anyone wanting to try me gets there ass handed to them. So if anyone does not give you respect is because there jealous !!!!! And they know what our cars are capable of!!!

I will only speak for myself. My car puts a huge smile on MY face every time I get behind the wheel. I could care less about what anyone else thinks, how they react or don't react to my car. A respectful nod, a little finger point or a thumbs up is nice but I didn't buy my car for any other reason but MY enjoyment. And all of us TR owners know how much fun we have with our cars. Enjoy the ride and forget about them.

This.. Who cares, these car's are great and all muscle!

I dont own a GN but just having a plan Regal I still get respect from people. Its funny that they would but, they also say that if it was not for the base model they would not have the GN's.

While at a car show over the summer I overheard an interesting converastion between two other participants one had a Chevelle the other a GTO.

Chevelle Owner: Whats with the 6 cylinder Regal in the Muscle Car catagory?

GTO Owner: Yep the Grand National? Bad ass car, haven't seen one of those in years.

Chevelle Owner: It's a V6.

GTO Owner: Turbo V6. I test drove one back when they came out, couldn't believe how quick it was.

Chevelle Owner: Can't be nearly as quick as our cars.

GTO Owner: I don't know how much horsepower you THINK you have, but you can mash the accellerator from a dead stop on that and once the turbo spools BOOM, IT'S GONE.

Chevelle Owner: Eh, I doubt it.

GTO Owner: You asked. Thats what I know, believe what ya want.

Two more guy's walk up......

Guy 1: This is the Grand National I was telling you about! My Trans Am woulds be hard pressed to beat this.

Guy 2 : SWEET..

GTO Owner: What'd I tell ya.

Chevelle Owner: (rolls eyes)

My Wife: (Snickers)

Me: (Big ass smile, and loving it.)

Everywhere I go, my MC S/S gets lots of respect....:D:p
That's funny...Even though my car isn't that fast, I get respect from the butt ripping others have gave. Most rush up, see its a GN, then slowly go by and nod. And mind there manners. :)

I get a lot of love from the 40+ guys in the Buick, but the younger crowd only pays attention to my newer cars. I get the "Monte Carlo" comment too much these days.

Anywhere I go I always get some reaction. Most if they did any street racing, have been owned by a turbo regal at least once.