wheres the darn respect at for our cars?

I picked up my daughter from her elementary school in the GN last week. I had the windows down and the motor was off as I waited in the long line to pick her up. A group of kids walked by all gawking at the car and I heard them saying how cool it looked...and one of them said, "It's a Buick Grand National" and he said something about having a bunch of them in his garage for some game and how fast they are. He had to of been in either 4th or 5th grade.

well as the cars get older some of the "new" cars are goin pretty good !!! Thats why ya have to DRIVE these old Buicks so people see how they can still go :p

Attachments

• Meliissa launch 1.jpg
    Meliissa launch 1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 233
Its an age and ignorance issue. Being born in 87, same year as my TR, not many people my age know what these cars are much less what there capable of. My oldest brother bought his GN in 95. I was 8 at the time, but from then on I wanted one. I worked hard and when I was able I bought my WE4. Sure, with all the money I have in this thing already, I could have bought a nice vette or something. But what fun is that? Hell, I'm no where near even being close to being done with it. To me, the fun of owning a car is working on it. As far as respect goes, the people that know what the cars are have a tremendous amount of respect for them. The younger crowd is just ignorant of them. They are to busy putting fart cans on their hondas. Its funny, I drive a turd civic with the v-tec in it just to go to work and back. How you can think that thing is fast is beyond me. I could care less what other people think of my car. I enjoy them. Theres just something about a old grandma car with a little ole V6 that can run 10's with the AC on and then go cruising. :cool:

Personally I like that feeling.
I dont want them to respect it.
I want them to pull up beside it get all happy dance stupid about winning and WAPOW, butt whooping.
I love the look on their faces when I tell them it is a 6 cylinder and no it aint got nnaaawwwssss.

hehehehe

1 2000 I had kind of the same scenario years ago.

When the non believer started to leave I turned my wife loose on him.
Yeah he never argued about the muscle of the buick after that, kinda hard after you got embarrassed by a girl in a V6.