Where are my Nebraska & Iowa at?

He is gn1090ss, but doesn't get on the board a lot. Which way is fairmont? And are you shipping your tranny to Brian?

John

Bret, if you need a tranny, I have one for sale that is freshly rebuilt. Was Hofer's tranny. Its in Des Moines right now. I snapped the input shaft with about 300 miles of use on it so Jose Nino rebuilt it for me. Let me know if you may be interested, it's a nice tranny! ------Jeremy

Hello Bret! and hello to everbody else! It has been a few years since I posted but I am back! I live about 15 minutes south of Omaha and I PLAN on being at the tracks quite often this coming year! I have to thank John Plog for looking at my car and getting it running right for the first time in at least 5 years! It will be great meeting some of the locals and seeing your cars!

Hey, Jim it's been a few years, My dad and I came and drove a second '87 that you had. I ended up with a real nice '86 Astroroof car from a guy named Kenny in Des Moines. (He had three of em') I fell in love with your race car that day!! Didn't know a Turbo Buick could sound so mean!! Do you still have the Chevelle also ??? You also said you had lots of extra parts you had collected over the years, still have some of those???

Hey Jeremy, thanks for the offer! But I want to keep my car numbers matching, and don't really have the room for extra parts around the house.

John it's starting to look like Brians my man, he's the cheapest so far. Bruce at PTS extreme was a little out of my price range. I also talked to a guy in Kearney that has a couple of Turbo Buicks, and owns a trans shop, he's about the same price as Brian and I won't have to find some one to take the trans. out and put it back in. Plus he will store my car inside. I'm just confused on what to do now! All opinoins are excepted!!

Oh! and Fairmont is about 45 min. West of Lincoln, and 15 min South of York.

Hey Jeremy, thanks for the offer! But I want to keep my car numbers matching, and don't really have the room for extra parts around the house.

John it's starting to look like Brians my man, he's the cheapest so far. Bruce at PTS extreme was a little out of my price range. I also talked to a guy in Kearney that has a couple of Turbo Buicks, and owns a trans shop, he's about the same price as Brian and I won't have to find some one to take the trans. out and put it back in. Plus he will store my car inside. I'm just confused on what to do now! All opinoins are excepted!!

WOW- I stay at York at the Best Western about 4 nights a month. The group of Co-ops based out of Dorchester are my biggest customers:D Small World huh.:cool:

Bret, I have owned almost 20 turbo buicks but I wouldn't trust myself to build a tranny that needs to handle any kind of power. It all boils down to how much power you plan to put through that thing. If it is going to be an almost stock motor then a stock rebuild done right should be fine, and I know of a guy around omaha that used to do that for $500 R & I included. If you plan on making a decent amount of power with the car then Brian is your man all the way. If your Kearney guy knows all the tricks and what needs changed/modified on these 200's then maybe it would be easier but I seriously doubt he can build a 2004r that can live in a 9/10 sec car.

John

Hey, Jim it's been a few years, My dad and I came and drove a second '87 that you had. I ended up with a real nice '86 Astroroof car from a guy named Kenny in Des Moines. (He had three of em') I fell in love with your race car that day!! Didn't know a Turbo Buick could sound so mean!! Do you still have the Chevelle also ??? You also said you had lots of extra parts you had collected over the years, still have some of those???

Hey Bret! unfortunatly my father had someone haul all the parts away as he was trying to rent out the building they were stored in:( I dont have hardly anything at all left. I sold my chevelle earlier this year and I cruise around in a '66 vette when the weather is decent.

Too bad about the parts stash, Jim. I need a few hard to find items to make my car perfect. Like an Owners manual, and the manual astroroof tool. '66 vette huh? nice. Hey, If you ever get the hankerin to mod that vette, don't cause I know a guy with a '63-'67 rolling chassie. I'm pretty shure it was a convertible big block car as well. I'd have to call him and check to make sure.
Did you just get tired of the Chevelle? Is the Brian Hoffer that did your tranny the same Brian I've been talking to? out of Michigan?

Ty, give me a ring when your in the area. we'll get together.

John, and everyone thanks for the advise. It helped alot. I'm pretty sure I'm going with Brian. I might even be able to talk a couple of my old buddies into pulling the tranny as I am no longer physically able. I seem to recall helping them back in high school and college. Time for some payback!

Too bad about the parts stash, Jim. I need a few hard to find items to make my car perfect. Like an Owners manual, and the manual astroroof tool. '66 vette huh? nice. Hey, If you ever get the hankerin to mod that vette, don't cause I know a guy with a '63-'67 rolling chassie. I'm pretty shure it was a convertible big block car as well. I'd have to call him and check to make sure.
Did you just get tired of the Chevelle? Is the Brian Hoffer that did your tranny the same Brian I've been talking to? out of Michigan?

Ty, give me a ring when your in the area. we'll get together.

John, and everyone thanks for the advise. It helped alot. I'm pretty sure I'm going with Brian. I might even be able to talk a couple of my old buddies into pulling the tranny as I am no longer physically able. I seem to recall helping them back in high school and college. Time for some payback!

Hey Bret! I had a guy offer me a good amount for the chevelle so I let it go! I bought the vette from a fellow board member Billy Higgins and I love it. As per the Brian Hofer transmission "yes" same guy and I just want to say this is money well spent! One of my weak links has always been the trans. I went through at least 3 stock rebuilds (modded) and 2 rebuilds on my th400. John Plog turned me on to Brian Hofer and all I can say it is wonderful. He actually threw in a 200 dollar pan at no cost as the original pan he had (stock) wasnt working well.

Hey Bret! I had a guy offer me a good amount for the chevelle so I let it go! I bought the vette from a fellow board member Billy Higgins and I love it. As per the Brian Hofer transmission "yes" same guy and I just want to say this is money well spent! One of my weak links has always been the trans. I went through at least 3 stock rebuilds (modded) and 2 rebuilds on my th400. John Plog turned me on to Brian Hofer and all I can say it is wonderful. He actually threw in a 200 dollar pan at no cost as the original pan he had (stock) wasnt working well.

Whats the going rate for Brian?

Brian quoted me $1450 with my core. He also said that includes return shipping.So Brians my man! Just PM him and he'll give you a quote.

Now all I have to do is get my house sale closed this week, and then comes the hard part getting the trans out and off to Brian. Planning on some other mods as well. so I want to coordinate it all to be done at once. That way you all will see more of me in '08! :D

Brian quoted me $1450 with my core. He also said that includes return shipping.So Brians my man! Just PM him and he'll give you a quote.

Now all I have to do is get my house sale closed this week, and then comes the hard part getting the trans out and off to Brian. Planning on some other mods as well. so I want to coordinate it all to be done at once. That way you all will see more of me in '08! :D

is that a stock rebuild?

Nope, he said that it would be good to high 10's. That price dosen't include converter either.

Im in Bettendorf IA tonight for the creative christmas show at the Mark does that count!!

Sorry Jeremy I was there only for a day and was busy. We def hang out if Im there a lil longer. Hows the motor build going?

Dennis, yeah I figured you were probably pretty busy hanging out with the fam! Hopefully you can make it over this summer when it's nice out and we can hang out in the garage and have a couple brewski's! Well, the motor build isnt going very well! I just cant seem to get anybody to jump on these heads and cam for the car. I'm just pretty much sitting on idle right now! Oh well I guess, I've been working on my Limited anyways so at least I have something to play with when I'm bored! I think I pretty much have all the parts rounded up for it and I'm starting to restore the engine bay. I plan to make it look like my GN's engine bay that I had at the first meet! I think it is going to look very awesome! Then it's on the paint! The body is perfect on this car and the paint is actually very nice but I want it to be show quality so I'm going to end up just repainting the whole thing including door + trunk jams and the bottom of the hood as well! I would really like to paint the bottom of the trunk lid but i dont think i want to do that and mess up the RPO sticker. We'll have to see. The interior is done except when Gary find his maroon rear seat, I'm going to try to get his back piece from him. This was a Texas car so it's just a little faded on the top and I know Gary's is in very nice shape! It's coming along though!

Dude I know how you feel. I just picked up a built shortblock from Razor and started slowly getting the pieces together. DIdnt realize how much it cost to get this thing together. Anyways I hope to have it together next month.

I didnt know you picked up a limited? Shoot me some pics if you have some. I have been digging limiteds lately. I wish I had the cash and space I would pic one up since there a couple stage II limiteds for sale for good prices. Nothing like a bench seat :)

P.S. I'll take you up on the beer you know me can pass up liquor!!

Well, as of now the Liited really isnt much to look at becuase it's in pieces preparing for paint and the engine bay restoration but I will post some once I get a little closer. Yeah this Limited is pretty damn sweet! It has blackout, moonroof, concert sound, all power, etc! Dont see many Limited with those options!