Buick_noob

Only seen these guys and they are board members:

ME

street_06_08_07_2.jpg

Jays87Gn

street_08_10_07_47.jpg

And the Big Dog around here johnplogii

street_06_29_07_65.jpg

When the track opens up next season we have to do a big meet and head to the track. Oh yea I seen a another Black Gn running around the Bellevue Nebraska area with some big 18s or 19s black with chrome lips deep dish rims driving one day and tryed to give him a thumbs up but he paid no mind to me.

Rico, Jim Rasmussen's car is up and running. He lives like 5 miles from the track. He & I took our cars to Noble, OK two weeks ago for the buick vs ford shootout. He ran a 10.72 down there. Billy Higgins car is running pretty good too but he doesn't get it out often. Jim will probably be out almost every week next year. I think we may take his car to KCIR next sunday. They still race on sundays till the end of the month. There are more cars around here but not many enthusiasts. There are a lot of guys in the kansas city area.

John

Nice I knew you know more people that has our models of car. I will not be able to take the T-type out at the track till next year due to I am deployed in Southwest Asia and by the time I get back track will be close.

Where are you at JOHNDEEREGN?

South of Kearney Nebraska little over an hour in a small town called Kensington Kansas. I travel and am on Lincoln and Omaha all the time as well as Iowa:biggrin: maybe we can meet up for supper sometime;)

GO BIG RED:cool:

Yeah, sounds great. Isn't there a 1/4 mile track in kearney? Never been there but wouldn't mind checking it out sometime.

Yeah, sounds great. Isn't there a 1/4 mile track in kearney? Never been there but wouldn't mind checking it out sometime.

yup; met some of the Omaha boys there before. Where are you located at John?

...the rollin' death trap from Sioux City, IA...

well if I recieve a kick in the butt by my wife and friends and get serious about getting my car started/finished, I might have to meet up with you guys some weekend. Beings you guys are close by to me, keep an eye out for PARTS! I don't mind driving to pick stuff up-get to meet people and best of all-ROAD TRIP!:cool:

You will have to roll that death trap down to mid america motorplex some friday night next year. I am usually there on fridays. Someone brought down a gn with a blown small block from soiux city a couple months ago. Maybe you know him? Anyways keep in touch. And if you want, pm me a list of what parts you need, I may have some.

John

Actually I have seen the car and my buddy knows him I think. Parked about 10 feet away from it at famous dave's when I had my turbo t out. I've seen more gns out this summer than I have my entire lifetime.

Usetaboost, they were always there you just notice them more now.:D

How is that car of yours coming anyway?

Whats up Rico that sucks i missed the last day at the track also i was stuck in Russia. Hopefully ill be home for the track opening next year :cool:

well, long time no see/speak!

Started gutting it so I can start the body work. Got most of the passenger quarter straightened out, but I have some rust issues on the bottom. You still got that regal in the garage? I need the brace that is molded to the floor where the body mounts bolt to. Its the one in front of the rear end. If I can manage to obtain that all I need is the rest of the car;) Gonna need doors, still need a radiator support, header panel, and a turbo hood. Also some odds and ends here and there. If you come across ANYTHING gbody/ buick related let me know. Its about the time of year I start to scrounge for stuff. If I/you/anyone can find the stuff I need I will have it back on the road looking PRETTY next spring:) . Pretty much it. I did get a translator plus and a lt1 MAF for it. Runs pretty good. I think it still has some issues and needs to have the idle screw set back to original position, IAC reset, and TPS. DOesn't seem to go into high idle when it starts and only has 15 in. of vac when it is running cold. DOn't know if this is normal with the aftermarket cam or not. Feel free to give me a ring sometime and hear it purr:biggrin: Night and day difference compared to the time you saw it. PM me for a number if interested:cool:

Been thinking about it! I'd pretty much break even on the car after buying parts anyway, that's if I can sell the rest of what I don't need. The only thing I'm scared of is all the work and no help:frown: . The woman don't like the idea. Not so much the scattered car parts, more rippin apart a nice car. It would make work EASY after I got the bodies swapped and stripped all the chrome. And I'd have a turbo car with no stress cracks;) And the turbo limited I got screwed on is sitting for sale in south sioux city, NE for sale for
4k. I wonder how rusty the underneath is from sitting in a yard with 4 flat tires:rolleyes:

I'm close to you all as well. I just haven't had the car out in a while because of trans issues. (ARGH!)

Hey John is Jim Rasmussen on this board? I met him when I was looking for a car a couple of years ago. Super nice guy!!