Wheel Studs?

Another thing about wheel studs. I talked to Paul G. about the studs for the race he said he will let us Buick guys go without the studs "only" for the shoot-out. Just tell the guy that inspecting that Paul said so.

Rob,

Studs are required if you run slicks. Though they might give an exception to a SLOOOOOW car like mine! :) I recently bought a used pair of 26 X 10 MT ET Drags mounted on 15 X 8 Centerlines.

Geoff

Studs?

Slow? I think not! Slow is my SS (always wondered what those two letters were for) yukyukyuk:D :D BTW, if anyone needs, I bought some longer than stock studs a while back (Dorman), they're about 2-1/8 " long let me know, by cell # 291-1328 I dont need them anymore. ( change of plans );)

Re: Studs?

Originally posted by HI85WH1
Slow? I think not! Slow is my SS (always wondered what those two letters were for) yukyukyuk:D :D BTW, if anyone needs, I bought some longer than stock studs a while back (Dorman), they're about 2-1/8 " long let me know, by cell # 291-1328 I dont need them anymore. ( change of plans );)

Where did you get these? If you still have them when I get there I would like to have a look at them. I am looking into going with Weld Draglites, but you must have longer studs with these wheels, but the shorter the better IMO. I think 3" studs on a street car look silly, but I may not have a choice.

If you're around when I meet up with Geoff and the rest of the guys, please bring them with you.

I need a contingency plan!

Derek,

Did you install the wheel studs yet? Got the ARP part no? My last stud has not arrived! :mad: Any problems on the install?

Geoff

Hey Geoff,
The ARP part # is 100-7708. It comes in a pack of five, thus requiring you to buy two packs at a total price of $27.65 with tax!! (Ouch) I haven't got em in yet. Was planning to do it but, the weather is not cooperating.
Derek:cool:

Still awaiting 10th stud!

The reason I'm asking if you installed it yet is, that the guy at Ron's Performance mentioned something about getting the correct knurl. Otherwise the axles need to be machined. :confused:

Geoff

Hey Geoff,
If you know the knurl diameter of the 3" ones then you can compare them to the ARP's (which is .509")
Derek:cool:

studs

clay...like I said.... call when you ge there, or if we cant meet up, I'll be glad to send them out with someone else so you can look at 'em... I found the studs, now I'm looking for the darn box or the receipt

ttt For Guy. ;)

GM part no is 22551491

The wheel studs went in without a problem. You WILL need to remove the wheel cylinders, and use that opening to feed the 3" studs though. You will not be able to get them in otherwise! Other than that I rate it a 3 Banana job on a scale of 1-10 Bananas!:D

You can get the lugs for the Centerlines at Ron's if you want, and re-use your stock lugs for the stock rims. The chrome caps will have to come off though. Or just crank them on like mine! :eek: :D

Geoff

Thanks Geoff:)

How long are the stock studs? Is 3" too long? To use with the stock center caps & lugs? How much of the 3"stud sticks out from your Center line rims? Do they have shorter studs? I don't want to use too long of a stud. I really want to use the center caps on the GN rims.:)

Thanks,
Guy

Hey no need center caps, just leave that big "puka" in the rim looks nice! :D

Anyways there is studs that goes right through........

I haven't tried to put the center caps back on. I don't see why it wouldn't work though, if you use the stock lugs. On the rear I just cranked the lugs on until they poked through the chrome cap on the lugs! :eek: :D

Derek bought 2.5" ARP studs from Ron's. I don't know if he installed them yet.

The long studs actually look pretty cool! :eek: :cool:

Guy, If you dont want to ruin the new lugs, use f-car lugs (the ones with the open end and the thread on the outside for those plastic covers. I've got some if you want to try...-Rob

Originally posted by Geoff87
I haven't tried to put the center caps back on. I don't see why it wouldn't work though, if you use the stock lugs. On the rear I just cranked the lugs on until they poked through the chrome cap on the lugs! :eek: :D

Derek bought 2.5" ARP studs from Ron's. I don't know if he installed them yet.

The long studs actually look pretty cool! :eek: :cool:
"I just cranked the lugs on until they poked through the chrome cap on the lugs! :eek: :D"NoNoNO Don't want holes through the NEW lugs:eek:

Derek, Did you install your ARP studs? Can you still use the stock lugs and center caps with the 2.5 ARP studs?
Rob, I got the lugs so I have to use them. Thanks for the offer:)

Guy

I think I would rather look for a different lug rather than ruin them by making a hole in the end with the stud, unless you can find a longer than stock lug or one with the cover that you can remove But thats just my .02 (or whatever fell out of my pockets and ended up on the side of the seat this week:cool: )