What's your MAP values at idle with XFI?

Yeah, it's been a lot of fun. But even though this thread has been going on for a long time, I haven't really been spending a lot of time on it. I don't have a lot of time to work on the car so I'll do it in little spurts. With T'Giving coming up work has been slow enough that I can work on the car a little.

I also ignored the suggestions of many people here, including the guy I bought it from. Lesson learned.

Jim

you have more patience than I will EVER have. It would suck if you were trying to drive your car all summer like us . Thank god for TT chips for dummys like me :p ok now go work on your car .. you do have the day off right ?? :cool:

you have more patience than I will EVER have. It would suck if you were trying to drive your car all summer like us . Thank god for TT chips for dummys like me :p ok now go work on your car .. you do have the day off right ?? :cool:

You're usually more subtle with your attacks, Dan.

The FAST XFI worked well when I first installed it, but it all fell apart suddenly when I was working on retorquing the head on the LH side. It might be my injector harness, or an injector coincidentally went bad but it runs like a totally different car now that I replaced the injectors. As I suspected, I'm pretty sure I was tuning around a mechanical problem. I'm going to cautiously call it fixed.

And yes, I do have the day off. I plan to spend it with my son, dad and brother in the garage like I do every year (once we're done with the obligatory eating and drinking). We have 9 GM vehicles between us so there's always something to do.

Enjoy your day!

Jim

My GM vehicle sits in the garage at dad's with no engine. We can stand around it later and drink beer though. Should be fun. :D

You're usually more subtle with your attacks, Dan.

Enjoy your day!

Jim

like I said before.. Fast isn't for EVERYONE.. to me most people are "maybe " goin to run 10s.. TT chip can do it easy and ya don't have to worry if your mother in law jumps in the car to run an errand :p BUT the Fast systems have a LOT of nice options for the racer :cool: I just ripped a tranny out of a TTA.. I am DONE for the day unless curiousity gets the best of me and I go out and take the trans apart :rolleyes:

like I said before.. Fast isn't for EVERYONE.. to me most people are "maybe " goin to run 10s.. TT chip can do it easy and ya don't have to worry if your mother in law jumps in the car to run an errand :p BUT the Fast systems have a LOT of nice options for the racer :cool: I just ripped a tranny out of a TTA.. I am DONE for the day unless curiousity gets the best of me and I go out and take the trans apart :rolleyes:
I have to go and build a all billet roller 2004r for a 455 Pontiac 78 Grand Prix that runs 11.00 on muscle loaded with A/C.
I originall built the turbo 350 that is in it 21 year(not a typo)ago and it still flawless,But he drives to the track 2 hours and want s OD.

TTT whats the a/f in park and gear????????????

Since it's idling in closed loop, and I rescaled the VE table (see, I can pay attention) it's at around 13:1 where it should be, in both drive and park. The problem was the same as with the stock engine management - the RPMs drop violently when I drop it into gear because of the small diameter converter. I can, and have, tune around it with the FAST. I moved the RPM on the table down lower and made the jumps between the MAP values tighter (5 kPa) at the bottom of the scale.

With the alky on the DC duty cycle only gets as high as 40% at WOT at around 70 MPH. Now that the MAT is in the right place I can see when the alky comes on. Pretty cool.

Jim

I have to go and build a all billet roller 2004r for a 455 Pontiac 78 Grand Prix that runs 11.00 on muscle loaded with A/C.
I originall built the turbo 350 that is in it 21 year(not a typo)ago and it still flawless,But he drives to the track 2 hours and want s OD.

hey save that post for a turbo 350/400 VS a 200R4 thread :p :biggrin:

I am DONE for the day unless curiousity gets the best of me and I go out and take the trans apart :rolleyes:

You know you will. It's a primal urge.

I rebuilt the front end of my son's RC truck with billet parts this morning. We're going to see if we can't break it after dinner.

Jim

I just can't get to Atco on Sunday, I've got to watch the chilluns. Saturday is the only day I can do it. I look forward to meeting anyone who happens to be there, though!

Looks like you're in luck! Otto just posted he will be at Atco on Saturday lending his expertise

yep!!

"It might be my injector harness, or an injector coincidentally went bad but it runs like a totally different car now that I replaced the injectors"....
As in the harness is now plugged into the correct inj???:D :D :eek:

Cool! The first and last time I saw Otto was at Atco. He organized a track rental and it was awesome. If I had more $$ I'd do it more often.

Jim
HAHA,If I had a running car I would do it more often.
I hope to be doing one in the spring from a tuners stand point,
Well unless my car is running.I still have to figure out what path I am going.

"It might be my injector harness, or an injector coincidentally went bad but it runs like a totally different car now that I replaced the injectors"....
As in the harness is now plugged into the correct inj???:D :D :eek:

Nah, I still have the factory ties at each injector. No room for error. Each one is plugged into where it was before.

Jim

HAHA,If I had a running car I would do it more often.
I hope to be doing one in the spring from a tuners stand point,
Well unless my car is running.I still have to figure out what path I am going.

The clutches in my rear finally packed it in that day but I ran it over and over again anyway. Had the whole track to ourselves - had to take advantage.

Friday nights at Island used to be like rent-your-own-track night but it's starting to get crowded. Me thinks Atco will be jammed up on Saturday, too. But it'll be fun. My 7-year-old son loves to hang out at the track.

Jim

glad you were able to get things sorted out. Otto's one of the best. You won't be disappointed.