What's the future of the Monte Carlo SS and GM? Help with active fuel V8

2badgn

I am thinking about purchasing a new Monte Carlo SS with the v8 in about a year. The car sounds so nice and the gas milegage is not bad 17 city 27 highway due to active fuel management V8. Anyone know about this engine? I remeber in the early 80s that Cadillac had a 6-8-4 egine. My brother-in-law had an Eldorado with this engine and he converted the engine to a straight V8 bc the 6-8-4 was garbage. How does the new GM active fuel management engine compare to the 6-8-4?

I read that after 2008, GM will do way with the Monte Carlo line. Does anybody know why? What are the future plans for GM? What will it replace the Monte Carlo with.

Isn't the Monte Carlo the epitome car that represents the NASCAR racing circuit?

thanks
Frank

Last I heard, they were going to return to RWD (right-wheel drive :p ). I believe they're working on some new platforms.

yeah, I wouldn't wait a year....you won't find one new. That car is an endangered species now. The Displacement on Demand system is pretty slick actually, and its all electronic now...it just stops fuel and spark to 4 cylinders, and you can't even feel the transition. Everyone knew the Monte was dead when GM put the Impala SS name on the NASCAR Car of Tomorrow. Why the Monte you ask? Well, when Mr. 5th Gen Camaro rolls out.....that would be competition with the Monte SS. Competition is what killed off the Z28/Trans Am war. It would be just like Ford building a Mustang based Cougar for Mercury again....its just not a bright idea to have competing cars in such a small market segment.