What's the best

smoove mood

Oh Baby I Like It Raw
:confused: I'm still fairly new to the site and i'm trying to follow the instructions of the members on this site by buying a Scanmasteras my first move. I was on Gbody parts they have one but it is listed as 2.1. I wanted to know what's the best/newest model and the site that it's on. Or is there something else i could buy that does the same? Please respond ASAP becuase i can't wait to buy this new toy:biggrin: .

Yes, 2.1 is the latest version. If at some point in the future you purchase a Powerlogger for data acquisition, you should recieve a 2.2 update chip for the Scanmaster which allows it to view several power parameters.

I wouldn't call it a must. Unless you'll be making parts swaps/upgrades and will be needing to do quite a bit of tuning.

It is a high speed data logger that allows for logging/recording all the data available in the ECM during tuning runs, etc.

Very powerful tool and may be needed when your expertise and tuning comfort level increase.

Dave, I know the direct scan in now consider old school but how do the two compare. I have a chance to pick up a new direct scan w/ pc and was just wondering do I really need any more?