What's a good Centipede deterrant?

Geoff87

Administrator
Staff member
Been bitten 3 times in the past few years! Twice while sleeping, once whille watching TV! Not a very pleasant experience, to say the least.:rolleyes:

Killed more than a dozen (over the years) in the house, including one tonight!

I'm open to any suggestions? An Electronic repeller maybe?

I don't know, but I would really like to find out as well. Never been bit yet (knock on wood), but I have killed a dozen or so in the past 2 years. Ever since we did an extension and addition to the house, they have been coming around inside and outside the house, some baby ones and some big suckers.

Anybody?

Geoff, are you gonna sell your 85 Toy 4X4? just asking

Brian

Welcome to the forum Brian! (I didn't notice you posting in the Hawaii members sign in thread).....

Good to hear that I'm not alone on this...Let me know of you find something that seems to work. :)

BTW, You probably wouldn't want to buy my truck (in it's present condition), if I were selling it.:eek: :D

I spray Diazinon Ultra its a concentrate you have to mix with water. I use it every month to prevent ants from entering our house. I should work well for Centipedes. Its $10 for a big bottle at City Mill just spray it on the borders of the house, trees and the dirt.

What house is this at? I know that Kailua/Kaneohe have Centepide problems.

Did you try trap-a-roach? :D

Hahah...roach motel. I've caught a few fat ones in there at my old house. I dunno if there's any electric or sonic means of insect detering.

Geoff, thanks for the welcome.

too bad on the toy, I always wanted one.

I don't know, pearl city must have a centipede problem as well, or it just may be our house.:(

I guess it won't hurt to try that concentrate stuff.

What's up, Brian? How've you been?

Geoff,

Sucks to hear about those centipedes. I've seen a few small ones around here, too. I worry more about my daughter getting bit more than anything else.
I spray this stuff called Dursban around the perimeter of my house. Seems to help. It was recommended by a vet to get rid of fleas and ticks. Gets rid of them and *everything* else. Potent stuff.
I heard they like damp, warm areas, so check that first. After that, it's chemical warfare time.:D

Originally posted by GNSteve
What's up, Brian? How've you been?

Geoff,

Sucks to hear about those centipedes. I've seen a few small ones around here, too. I worry more about my daughter getting bit more than anything else.
I spray this stuff called Dursban around the perimeter of my house. Seems to help. It was recommended by a vet to get rid of fleas and ticks. Gets rid of them and *everything* else. Potent stuff.
I heard they like damp, warm areas, so check that first. After that, it's chemical warfare time.:D

I been doin pretty good Steve, how about you? now that I work weekends, it is kinda hard to go cruisin with the EFI gang and go to the tracks. I gotta wait till they start Wed. night races.

Where can we get that Dursban product?

Brian,

I've been doing OK, although I've been busy a lot lately too. I haven't really had the time to do much "car stuff" with either EFI or the Buick guys. Sorry to say...:(

Anyhow, I picked up Dursban from Walmart a while ago, but I haven't seen it around for a while. Good stuff, though. I plan on using it again soon around my house.

Glad to hear that you're "gainfully employed", Brian.:D Take care, and I'll see you around.

I'm almost positive that Dursban is now a banned product....I used to spray it at my Mom's house in the past. Not as foul smelling as Malathion or Diazanon. I'll see what's available at City Mill or Home Depot this week. :)

centipede

In my case when I want to et rid of centipede I just turn off my Atari 2600 (yep I still have one) plus I have the Atari classics game for PS2

Holy Cow!~ Atari 2600.......

I remember that. I actually had one... The only game I remember is Pac-Man.

Then a ColecoVision (Donkey Kong, etc) (Have it somewhere :cool: )

A Nintendo......(Mario Bros, and a whole bunch of other games) (Still works!) :eek:

A Super Nintendo (Still works!) :)

A Playstation (Still hooked up!) :p

And finally a Playstation 2 (PS2) (hooked up too!... But no games for it yet. :( :D

Hey Gang, been a while. I talked to a friend at PWC. He said you don't get rid of the centipedes, you get rid of the food source.......other bugs and roaches. When their food source is gone, they will leave or just die. I will get the name of the product if you are really interested. It looks grainy and you sprinkle it outside or where ever. This really worked for me when I lived out Mililani next to the fields. Ever open your gas cover and then see a centipede around the opening.......only to slip away......where the hell did it go...........?

I will get the name of the product if you are really interested.

Can you please post the name of the product?

Thanks!:) :)

What is it, centipede season?

I got one in my vest tonight... thought I was gonna have a coronary...(dont know how it got into my vest, unless it crawled up the chair at my desk)

We go Milipedes here in our side of Ewa. Our house is kinda air tight because of our A/C going off all day..everyday. At least it's not Waianae...they got both Centipedes and Scorpions.

My friend Kelly went fishing on Lanai. While there he saw a huge centipede in the cabin where he was sleeping. The next night while fishing, he felt something crawling on his leg. Remembering what he saw the previous evening he jumped up and (in his words) almost had a heart-attack.....But it was only a cockroach! :D :D