whats a 101mph trap speed good for ET wise??

TTAfreak

last night, at Test n Tune, I ran a 13.70 at 101 mph

wasnt very pleased, but the air was horrible and I was on the original 1989 goodyear eagle street tires.

2.1 short time because of no boost off the line.

isnt that mph good for at least a 13.0 with drag radials and some boost built up off the line?

I ran 12.91 @108 on street tires.Had some spin, so MPH was probably a little lower if i had stuck it....106ish

I think you have 13.0 in it if you swap to DR's and launch properly.

What was the 1/8 to 1/4 mph?

R/T .115
60 2.121
330 5.837
1/8 8.893
mph 81.33
1000 11.518
1/4 13.727
mph 101.36

I have for mods

#50s, AFPR, razors kit, valve springs, turbo tweak chip. so i was hoping for low 13s, but like i said, conditions werent the greatest.

gonna be ordering a turbo in the next week or so.

If the stock turbo aint smoking.. leave it alone. It will get you into the 11's.. or at the very least the lower 12's.

Do this, get a set of the MT drag radials, lockup switch, open the dump on your test pipe, get the boost on the 23 PSI range.. with a mild 1.8-2.0 60 foot.. you'll be well into the 12's with minor tuning.

Spinning tires on these cars is a bad thing. Let alone dangerous. Get 4 new tires and put the wood tires up for auction on Ebay :D

HTH

Razor,

please explain to me what a lock up switch is, how it works, and where to get one.

also, by a "dump on a test pipe" im guessing that means a cut out on a pipe in place of my converter?

as crazy as it may sound, I really want to run full exhaust....even at the track.

stock turbo is working fine....but I think I may shelve it and get one of these GT3255s ive been hearing all the rave about.

TTAfreak said:
Razor,

please explain to me what a lock up switch is, how it works, and where to get one.

also, by a "dump on a test pipe" im guessing that means a cut out on a pipe in place of my converter?

as crazy as it may sound, I really want to run full exhaust....even at the track.

stock turbo is working fine....but I think I may shelve it and get one of these GT3255s ive been hearing all the rave about.

Its a free mod. It allows locking of the torque converter under WOT. A simple switch, a couple wires, and hook it up to the top right and top left terminals of the ALDL.

Yes on the dump.. my intention is to get your ET down.. and eliminate it as s ource of issues getting your car "figured". So if your exhuast is plugged.. you can put a 101 MM turbo and only get 101 MPH :) If it runs same with open and closed.. run it closed. or get better exhuast system.

Leave the turbo alone... for now.

Careful how you mod the car and what you change.. they are sensitive to combinations.. wreong combination you'll want to sell the car.

Turbo needs converter to go along with it.. sometimes :eek:

Razor,

if I eliminate my cat and replace it with a test pipe, how much louder will my exhaust be?

i cant stand the "ricer" sound and I dont want my car sounding like that.

If you want full exhaust,my Edlebrock RPM series catback does not restrict boost and souds better than the dynomax catback on my other car. Get a cam if you want the ricer sound out. My other TTA has a 212/206 roller cam and sound close to a v8. :eek:

You are gaining 20mph on the big end and that is normal.You need to 60'these cars to get a good ET and give you the best tuning data.Do that by getting sticky tires like Razor mentioned and get a chip burned for your combo.That will make a world of difference.
Bo

..with a good 60 ft. a 13.30-13.40 is certainly possible with a 101 MPH trap speed.

TTAfreak said:
Razor,

if I eliminate my cat and replace it with a test pipe, how much louder will my exhaust be?

i cant stand the "ricer" sound and I dont want my car sounding like that.

Stock exhuast on our cars is very quite.

Actually my old car has a Dynomax muffler cuase the original rotted. Was tinging... Really really quite.

No cats either.

HTH

My festival car with 3K miles on it went 13.3 at 101 :) on the original Gatorbacks 6 years ago when John Crawford owned it. I have the time slip. He took this base line before he did some minor mods. He told me he heated the c&@p out of the Gatorbacks to get a little bit of stick out of them. The car was completely stock down to the muffler.

- Dave