what your MPG

sure do a$$hole, its always the big mouths like you with your 3900 post that gotta start with name calling. Do you even have a life or just sit on TB all day and spew **** ? Don't bother replying since your on IGNORE, don't need to read your small mind rantings, I've already seen a sample of your rantings to people you disagree with on a search of your endless posts.

Gotta love this new breed of "know it all" newbies getting into the board. No more "fast with class" in the Buick community anymore. This guy is a perfect example of what I've been lamenting about lately on this board. All the old timers are leaving because of people like this. :mad:

Thanks Rob for a reply that made sense and actually serves a purpose. Thumbs up. But wouldn't bigger injectors, pumps, higher FP on regulators, etc. eat more gas ?

:biggrin: I hope it helped at least one person understand a little better. could have organized my info better, but I figured I had rambled too long already.

bigger injectors, pumps, higher FP on regulators only *allow* the engine to make more *peak* power when it's needed. at idle, cruise, etc. the computer and FP regulator reduce the fuel into the engine down to about the same (in a perfect world, it would be *exactly* the same) fuel consumption as a stock engine under those low-load or no load condtions.

There's a lot of variables involved and I'm really over-simplifying it, but I was just trying to bring the concept of increased efficiency into the thread. :cool:

I think mine gets around 20mpg on the highway with my 3.73 Gear's and 28 Inch tall tire's and not going over 65mph.I should nevr have gotten the 3.73 Gear's installed because these Turbo cars don't need that gear.With the 28 inch tall tire it feels close to the stock 3.42 but is probably around a 3.55 ratio.Cruising around town is not that good.:cool:

You stay out of the boost and you're driving around a 180-200hp V-6 on the highway, it's not hard to see why we can get 24mpg highway even modded to the hilt. Some people will never understand that, what can you do?

You stay out of the boost and you're driving around a 180-200hp V-6 on the highway, it's not hard to see why we can get 24mpg highway even modded to the hilt. Some people will never understand that, what can you do?

Its pretty hard to complain about mpg with these cars;) .Personally I never cared about gas mileage when having a fast car.If I could afford it I would still pay for it.It certainly beats the old 60's car with the V-8's hands down.A Chevy with a 454 motor can have its a** handed to it by a Turbo 231 Cubic inch motor.It certainly has the best of both worlds.If gas prices stay high i think the Turbo Buick's will also go up in value.Im selling 2 cars right now both of which are V-8's not because of the gas mileage but because I can't afford having 3 performance cars anymore.I will be needing a daily driver and I don't want it to be my Turbo Regal.Its still a Car that thieve's look for so I don't feel comfortable leaving it unattended even with an alarm and the Club.:cool:

I think mine gets around 20mpg on the highway with my 3.73 Gear's and 28 Inch tall tire's and not going over 65mph.I should nevr have gotten the 3.73 Gear's installed because these Turbo cars don't need that gear.With the 28 inch tall tire it feels close to the stock 3.42 but is probably around a 3.55 ratio.Cruising around town is not that good.:cool:

It should feel close to a 3.42, because a 3.73 w/ 28" tires would be like a 3.46 (as stock tires were only 26"tall). However, those with a 3.42 & 28" tire (275x60x15) would be like a 3.18 vs. "stock"--& those of us with a 3.42 w/ 27" tires (255x60x15) is like a 3.29 on the same basis...

Let's see now, some of the "RACE guys" are running a 3.08 w/ 28" tires=equivalent 2.86==WOW!

It should feel close to a 3.42, because a 3.73 w/ 28" tires would be like a 3.46 (as stock tires were only 26"tall). However, those with a 3.42 & 28" tire (275x60x15) would be like a 3.18 vs. "stock"--& those of us with a 3.42 w/ 27" tires (255x60x15) is like a 3.29 on the same basis...

Let's see now, some of the "RACE guys" are running a 3.08 w/ 28" tires=equivalent 2.86==WOW!

I wouldn't mind putting the 3.42's back in but my car doesn't spool up quickly.I think its the injector's or my Racegate that slows the spool a little.Could be the tune but I doubt it.

I wouldn't mind putting the 3.42's back in but my car doesn't spool up quickly.I think its the injector's or my Racegate that slows the spool a little.Could be the tune but I doubt it.

Your "spool-up" should be quick w/ your TE-44 & big-stall D5 (altho I've never really heard of a D5 stallling effectively in excess of 2700-2800.

Your greatest slo spool-up problem is likely from the large volume of air associated with the front-mount--& who knows the impact of the Racegate...?

Your "spool-up" should be quick w/ your TE-44 & big-stall D5 (altho I've never really heard of a D5 stallling effectively in excess of 2700-2800.

Your greatest slo spool-up problem is likely from the large volume of air associated with the front-mount--& who knows the impact of the Racegate...?

Yeah the stock D5 is not a true 3000 stall converter from what many say.I was told that my front mount intercooler is not big enough to hurt with the spooling like the one's that Cotton sells.Im thinking it could also be my CNC Ported Race Heads and matching ported Intake which takes a little off the bottom end if I remember correctly.

...I was told that my front mount intercooler is not big enough to hurt with the spooling like the one's that Cotton sells...

It's not necessarily due to the size of the intercooler itself--but rather the much larger volume of air in the piping getting to & from a front-mount.

No $hit!!!!!

A good friend I know said that he would get 30 mpg on the road, I said to "myself" that's BS! Than I bought one and would get 26/27 on the road so now I believe! and to top it all off another fellow I know got 32 mpg on the road with 4 adults in the car on a trip which I was one of the 4 and I would not of believed it unless I was there doing the math. All of these cars were capable/did run 11's. All cars were still running the stock D5 converters AND two of them with unopened stock motors. The 32 mpg one was rebuilt with a K.D. 202 cam.

Did he have 28 inch tall tire's with the 3.42 Gear's?? I know these cars run good on gas but 30 mpg seems to be alot of miles for 1 gallon of gas.Maybe if the car was purely stock then maybe I can see it.:cool:

about 20-22 mpg avg i cant stay off the gas all the time and its combo city/freeway/and country roads

Yeah I was thinking with 3.42 Gear's with a 28 inch tall tire maybe 30 mpg with a pure stocker.I have 3.73's with a 28 inch tall tire and I gues mine is around 19-23 mpg.

Did he have 28 inch tall tire's with the 3.42 Gear's?? I know these cars run good on gas but 30 mpg seems to be alot of miles for 1 gallon of gas.Maybe if the car was purely stock then maybe I can see it.:cool:

All three cars still had the stock 3.42 rear gears, small aftermarket turbos i.e. te 34's and aftermarket intercoolers along with performance "custom" chips and no catalytic converters. The good gas mileage demonstrates efficiency, thats why they ran very well at the track.

Mine i.e. the 26/27 mpg car= stock height tire
30 mpg car= Don't really remember
32 mpg car= not oem tires but close to stock height

When your going by the "odometer" to figure out the mileage the car does not know what diameter the tires are; so the "actual" mileage could be more with taller tires and less if your oem height tires are worn down or shorter to begin with.:biggrin:

Thanks Rob for a reply that made sense and actually serves a purpose. Thumbs up. But wouldn't bigger injectors, pumps, higher FP on regulators, etc. eat more gas ?
Those mods you listed will only hurt your MPG when your hammering the throttle...assuming you have a good o2 sensor and the engine is in good internal condition. The good exhaust and intake mods will help fuel mileage untill your right foot gets heavy.