what your MPG

1986TR

"EVIL RGL"
ok fellas iam driving my 87 t type as a daily driver with 36inj,tt chip,walbro,hot wire,all the rest is stock i just did a COMPLETE spring cleaning it runs smooth as silk with lots of power iam only getting 13 MPG with about 50/50 street/higway driving!!!is this pretty mutch what every one is getting in a comparable car?:biggrin:

ok fellas iam driving my 87 t type as a daily driver with 36inj,tt chip,walbro,hot wire,all the rest is stock i just did a COMPLETE spring cleaning it runs smooth as silk with lots of power iam only getting 13 MPG with about 50/50 street/higway driving!!!is this pretty mutch what every one is getting in a comparable car?:biggrin:

cruising i get 25:biggrin: really i am!!!!

Last year driving to and from the race track 100 miles each way, I was getting 24mpg with 009's, TE60, Prec. Stock Loc. I/c running 11.40's @ 118mph then driving back home.

Driving nicely :biggrin: I usually get about 22-25mpg. Now when Im on it probably 1gallon per mile!:biggrin:

what!!!!!!25 cruising. iam only getting 13 mpg with 50/50 combined driving anyone else got some input on this?i have a scan master and all my #s look good why so poor MPG?

About 26-28mpg on the freeway, city I don't know. The stoplights slow me down :D

mpg

my first gn w/ stock 28lb injectors, i got 26 mpg on a fla to n.j. trip. on my current gn w/ 50lb injectors,i got 23 mpg on a fla to tenn trip. (4 people/full trunk).

26 was pretty easy on the freeway. I got 28 a couple times doing 55 and really trying hard for mileage. Around town 8mpg if I'm lucky.

just filled up and this week iam going to try and stay out of it :biggrin: and will report back!!!!! any more in put is apreciated come on guys post your MPG for you with daily drivers

I have done 24 on the highway running 65-75ish... I think I average 15-18 cruising... but there are quite a few good burst... when I got out cruising I got to the hot spots if you catch my drift... still 13 sounds low. I dont think I have gotten that low using E85 and that stuff kills your mileage.

1986TR -

check to make sure your lock-up converter is actually working. you may have to have someone who knows transmissions verify this as the solenoid may be functioning (you can hear it click) but the lock-up clutch mechanism may be malfunctioning or disabled.

I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get better than 17 mpg with my '87 GN until I recently discovered the lock-up mechanism was disabled by the previous owner. I have no idea why this was done since the torque converter is just a restalled D5. :confused: the solenoid still clicks, but no lock-up.

you also need to check your tune, make sure you're not too rich at part throttle conditions.

HTH
Rob

just filled up and this week iam going to try and stay out of it :biggrin: and will report back!!!!! any more in put is apreciated come on guys post your MPG for you with daily drivers

I'm sure you've done it, but check your air pressure on your tires often. If they are off you're going to kill gas mileage...

If I keep it at around 65 on a all highway tank I can get as high as 26-27. Around town 50/50 freeway highway driving I get around 8-13 depending on how often I put my foot in it.

Conservative driving on my 50/50 commute usually yields 16.5-17mpg. Never have checked the highway mileage.
I'm running MSD50's and speed density.

3gpm.:biggrin: Actually its probably around 15mpg with a lot of WOT. Its well over 20mpg on the highway at 15.5:1 a/f. This converter couples really well cruising. I didnt buy a TR to get good gas mileage. Good gas mileage= no fun. Bad gas mileage meant i had a lot of fun. I pay about $9.00/gallon too.

1986TR -

I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get better than 17 mpg with my '87 GN until I recently discovered the lock-up mechanism was disabled by the previous owner. I have no idea why this was done since the torque converter is just a restalled D5. :confused: the solenoid still clicks, but no lock-up.

HTH
Rob
If it clicks i doubt it was disabled. More than likely a leak in the TCC circuit or bad converter clutch. Maybe the o-ring was left off the input shaft.

Well last year when we run the car at the super chevy it was a good 100 mile drive to and from the track, I have a no lock converter, At that time it was a stock block with 60 pound injectors, BB66 turbo, 70 TB, pump gas with alky It run 11.18 at 120 and got 23 mpg but most was interstate driving with the a/c on

ok fellas found TCC switch under brake pedal was miss adjusted pedal was not pressing button i will try out on hyway this afternoon :biggrin:

About 6-7 years back when my GN was my daily driver I got anywhere from 17-21 on my 60 mile per day commute which was also 50/50 highway/local. TE44, 009's and exhaust with a little WOT getting on the highway.

Took it out for an 8 mile romp Monday and think I used over a gallon :)