What turbo and injectors?

eman035

I've got an 85' t-type that overheated and blew a head gasket. I've got the heads off getting them checked and magnafluxed. The engine maybe has 1000 miles on it since it was rebuilt. Turbo and injectors were supposed to be upgraded also, but i'm not sure if my past mechanic actually did what he said he did. I wish I knew what I know now about the car when I started this project. To get to the point, I wondering if anyone can help me find out what size injectors and turbo I have from some part numbers I found. The turbo is a Garrett and has M10 stamped in it. It also has a tag attached that reads:

Code: TE Model: PGR__E (can't make out two letters)
Garrett P/N: T-3buick/GNX
S/N: 5126CS (the 5 could be S and vice versa)

The writing on the tag is very sloppy so i'm not 100% sure on some of those.

Now, the injectors look like they are old to me, maybe the stock ones but here is the number on those:

they also have two more numbers on them but that was the long one. The others are:
060 and 451

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as i'm trying to get this thing right. Thanks in advance.

The only thing I can help you with is M10 is the stock exhaust housing but there could be nearly any wheel inside so it doesn't really tell you anything. You might want to post this in the general tech section as it will get many more views.

Well i've determined that they are the old stock injectors from the post I put up in the General Tech Forum, so I am planning on getting some new ones. Anyone have any recomendations on which size to get and also where I can get a chip burnt for those injectors? I plan on getting injectors, hot-wire kit, AFPR, headers, downpipe, crossover, already have up pipe (ATR), and making the wastegate adjustable.

Do I have to know if the turbo has been upgraded or not to get the chip burnt? If so, where can I send the turbo to have someone check it. It was supposed to have been rebuilt just like the injectors but you see how that went (damn mechanic!).

Here is a link to the thread I posted in the General Tech Area, there is some more information in there.
showthread.php

Thanks again for the help.

Originally posted by eman035
will 42.5# injectors be ok on a basically stock motor?

Those are great injectors and they will be fine on a stock motor as long as the chip is burned for a stock motor. No reason to go any smaller and they will give you pleny of room to grow. The Max Effort thumbwheel chip is one of the best for the stock ECM but is a little pricey.

thanks for the help, when I get this thing back together i'll let you know how it went.