What must be changed when going to a TE series turbo?

Adrian87

I am going back home next week to install the engine in the GN and have a new TE62 turbo to install also. Does it bolt in just like the stocker or does the wastegate need to be modded? Looks like the puck hole is larger..

Also anyone know where I can get some new/used good condition motor mounts cheap?

If I take it easy and don't get much into boost, can I drive this car across the state with that turbo and not change anything else? I have some 40's to be installed but am not sure if they are enough. No chip yet either.

You're gonna want something bigger than 40s. 50s at least. The WG actuator is different, so it will have to be modded. You should be fine to drive it once you get it on, but don't get into too much boost with little injectors.

I got a brand new heavy duty wastegate actuator for a PTE-54 same as a 62-yours shipped $75.

I'll take the new actuator if he does not need it. :)

Inlet piping from the MAF sensor may require a different length pipe and maybe different diameter too.

If the hole is larger in the exhuast housing you need a stock elbow with a larger puck or else a THDP or ATR or Mease pipe with larger puck. Stocker may not fit over the hole.

Can't remember the other problems with my TA62 but it didn't go on in one day, that I can tell you. :(

40's will just get the job done. You will need to run at approx full pulse width at WOT. That is if you don't have more cam and ported heads.

Mine hooked up fine with my 86. I know the inlet is a little shorter in length than the old TA housing. I had a 3" inlet pipe and just shifted it a little. Everything else mounts up fine. My cast 90 puck covered the hole fine. I guess as with everything, check it out.

I did have about 3psi boost creep in the 1/4 mile though.