What is this?

87Jen

Ok....dumb question, I'm sure, but what is the purpose of this hose? :confused:

Attachments

• Leak 2.jpg
    Leak 2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 198
I was accelerating onto the interstate tonight and heard a loud pop, looked under the hood and this hose was torn and dripping coolant. Sounded like and intercooler hose blew off but those were all ok. Would this have caused a loud pop?

seems like the pop must have been something else, I would keep looking. and re-do the by-pass cuz you don't need that heat near the incoming air. good luck.

meant to add that it might have been a secondary reaction like I have heard when a bunch of water woulkd get sloshed on a hot downpipe. there would be sizzle and pop but it seems like it would be hard to hear under acceleration.

Well, this was a really loud pop, like a backfire...so who knows what it was. Maybe it was just a one time thing and it won't happen again.

LOL yeah right :rolleyes:

Originally, there was a supply line as well as a return that fed a tube than runs through the throttle body. This was done to warm the fuel in cold weather. A very common mod is to bypass it, just as yours is. Given their location, it makes a really convienent way to add a water cooled turbo.