What is required for racing ?

helmet (Snell certified 2005 or newer ..not DOT) , single layer fire jacket , dsloop if on slicks (around here MT DRs are considered sticky and need a DS loop ) , proper engagement of lug nuts , battery hold down , overflow bottle . no dry rotted tires
the above should allow you to run down to 11.5

YOUR COMBO should be in the 10s and need the above plus ...
a roll bar , sfi harness dated current , aftermarket axles , trans shield or blanket , SFI bellhousing or shield , sfi balancer, locking dipstick
http://www.nhra.com/competition/etquickref.aspx

Last edited:
116 octane... oh wait, you're an alcoholic... haha. Depends on your speed. That helmet will work. Phil.

Looks like I'll order a jacket also , any suggestions ? I have the DS loop already & the other 11.5 requirements . The car ran 12.0 @ 118 mph at Norwalk in May . It was my first time at a track so my 60' was 2.1 and I was only at 19psi boost . I was a few car lengths behind the guy next to me who ran 11.3 @ 118 mph , he got me at the start and we stayed that way all the way down the track , and I had a passenger .

11.49 turns into alot of new safety items. When and where you going? I went to Empire last Friday, harness was a little outdated, they let it slide. Ran back to back 10.3-10.4. Ran out of C02 for my boost controller. I'm getting that nine this year for sure! Let me know when you go. Phil.

118 should be better than 11.5 on a decent hook
your combo now thats another story ..id expect 130+out of it on e85 or alky and 93

19psi i'd expect on pump 93 with a decent IC and reduced timing , the fuel you've chosen should be run harder

19 psi wasn't by choice , chip is burned for 25-28psi. That's all I could get out of it at the time . Bison helped me with where to look and found my waste gate puck wasn't sealing . I took care of that and RJC boost contoller I just installed tonight should take care of that problem .

11.49 turns into alot of new safety items. When and where you going? I went to Empire last Friday, harness was a little outdated, they let it slide. Ran back to back 10.3-10.4. Ran out of C02 for my boost controller. I'm getting that nine this year for sure! Let me know when you go. Phil.
I have every Friday off in August . Let me know when YOU go , I'm a noobe at this !

pacecarta , thanks for the NHRA quick reference .

Last edited:
lokar makes the flexible locking , or hit the boneyards most trucks have a locking dipstick just cut the stick down and mark based on your current stick or remove the stick and use the locking end for the track

I went to the track friday night and the tech guy never looked under the hood , said something about 10.5 or quicker , put the numbers on my car and that was it !! I ran two 11.06 @ 124 mph runs and no one said a thing !
DSCN0336.JPG