What is going on inside my TH400??

heading down to pacecarta's to help push the car into the garage to get it on the lift, not fun when its 90* here in jersey!!!!

WE4 said:
HEHEHE.................. First thing you do when you get a new trans in there is CK THE LINE PRESSURE! FLUSH EVERYTHING! CONVERTER ESPECIALLY! Throw the cooler out and start over. This is EXACTLY why I run a filter inline before the cooler! Good idea for the future.

Bruce
WE4

Not to get too far off topic, but what would you reccomend for an inline filter?

I too am running an in-line filter, FILTRAN between the cooler and the trans. Sorry don't have the part number handy, it's not on it. I plan to change it every spring.

Attachments

• IMG_3346.JPG
    IMG_3346.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Not to get too far off topic, but what would you reccomend for an inline filter?
If you are going to go as far as plumbing a good cooler and filter, use the following instead of an in line mag type filter. Good to use on everyday stuff but so you can ck and clean remotely, the following is best
I would suggest a remote filter mounting with a K&P billet cleanable filter so you can ck it and clean it with no mess and no cutting of filter apart. Coolest set up there is. If you email or call me I can help get you set up. ptsxtreme@aol.com or call 916-952-9567 pacific time.
The K&P filters are here in stock. They can be seen @ www.KandPEngineering.com
Click on the inside drag racing video and you can see the whole process.
I am the West Coast Distributor for these filters. They are AWESOME!
We have the remote housings as well.;)

Good luck and let me know
Bruce
WE4

After swapping to your new case, I would install an intermediate clutch snap ring support as well , to help reduce the chance of this happening again. Also, there are better snap rings available over the stock 400 snap ring, if you haven't already upgraded. Past that, you can "manipulate" the apply to the clutch to cushion the clutch, but that is generally up to the individual builder for each application the trans will be used for......