What is a LC2 worth these days?

TDmkr496

I have the chance to buy a fully built drive train out of my buddies 87 (he is upgrading too). I am in the process of rebuilding my motor and trans as well so this is great timing. The motor is a stock rebuild, trans is freshened, new injectors, water pump, 42 lb injectors etc, all accessory brackets, motor mounts. I will even have a harness and ECM from the other motor I can include.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this.

This is a very generalized question. Without more info, it can't really be answered? When you say stock rebuild, is it still stock pistons? Aftermarket or stock cam etc. If it's excellent running and a solid rebuild on engine and trans, a buddy price could be anywhere from $3-5k or more! The way I see it, used is used. $3-5k is generous because I'm cheap....and honest!

Also what's the mileage on this stock rebuild? If it's 'fresh', 'less than 100 miles', or anything along those lines, I would go $0.04 per pound. ESP if it has a new flat tapped cam with nonhardened tappets.

If the engine is PROVEN with some real miles on it and doesn't have a cam that's going south, it's worth more than scrap pricing.

Last edited:
Good luck finding a good core these days. These engines are not getting easier to find.